Spam!

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
la vache!

Spam!

Post by la vache! »

The enquiry form on my website has just started to be spammed (a bit like this forum!). Do I have to live with it or is there anything I can do to stop it?
PaulHigham

Post by PaulHigham »

Is it definately the enquiries form or are they using the email above the form. There are many people that trawl the internet for email addresses on webpages so they can push their rubbish at you.

I would definately try removing the email link if it starts getting too much. Potential guests can always use your enquiry form.

cheers
Paul
The Worldwide Vacation Rentals Directory - www.selfrentals.com
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi Paul,
its definitely the enquiry form because of the format of the emails. I haven't yet had any spam for the info@ email address.
TravelPixel

Post by TravelPixel »

add some form of picture recognition with the form so bots cant automatically fill the form. Similar to the process you usually have to go through for submitting to the major search engines.

dave
PaulHigham

Post by PaulHigham »

Yes, good idea Dave. You want something similar to whe you register for this forum to stop all the automatic form fillers out there.
There is at least one piece of SEO software that looks for guestbooks and forms to get free links on, so this would help a lot.

Paul
The Worldwide Vacation Rentals Directory - www.selfrentals.com