BBC iplayer - help!

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
oasiscouple

BBC iplayer - help!

Post by oasiscouple »

I live in France and have been watching the French series Spiral on BBC 4 two episodes at a time each Saturday evening. The last two episodes, 11 & 12 were yesterday evening 16 March. I was out and set my video recorder to record these last 2 episodes, but it jammed and I missed recording them. They are available on BBC iplayer for a week but I can't download them outside the UK.

Can anyone suggest a magic solution to download and watch these last two episodes?
Marks

Post by Marks »

Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Or watch the original!

The TNT channel D8 has been showing it en clair (was previously on Canal+) and you should be able to pick up the replay. It's called Engrenages.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Be really careful with expatshield. It puts software on your PC which is fairly hard to get rid of. After installing it, you should remove the spyware which it comes bundled with. After using it for about a year, I would not recommend it. It's not free for nothing.

I've started to use privateinternetaccess.com which is only about $40 per year. So far it's been ok but have only been using it for a couple of weeks.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Eureka Marks, brilliant! What would we do without the generous help of LMHers?

Thanks also FC, but being a bit dim with some French expressions, I like the subtitles on the BBC4 version.

Thanks for the advice Kev, but too late - I have already downloaded it.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Having said that, my partner found a film download site with the last 2 episodes of series 4 Spiral (Engrenage) complete with subtitles so now downloaded and problem solved.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Bleak, wasn't it?

Serie 5 starts filming in May . . . We all need something to look forward to.

Mols 8)
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Agreed Mols. The series have had a remarkable success being sold to over 60 countries. A big change from average French TV which, to be kind in our opinion, is very mediocre.