Cleaning products

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Foxandsot

Cleaning products

Post by Foxandsot »

Hello

As promised, back with more exciting questions!! :lol:

Our villa will have a washing machine and dishwasher. I think that we should provide dishwasher tablets but should we provide soap powder etc?

What do you do?

Thanks

Michelle
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

I provide washing-up liquid and dishwasher tabs, but not clothes washing products.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

There's a box of soap powder in my apartment, I don't think much of it has been used though except by our manager who does the laundry, and myself.
debk

Post by debk »

We provide all detergents for the dishwasher and the washing machine.

From an owner standpoint, cheap detergents can reduce the life of your machines and ruin your linens. Good detergents add one more 'nice touch' to your place. (Guests notice.)

From a guest's standpoint, I always found it a bit odd when we stayed in a VR and there were machines without detergents. Who wants to buy a whole container of soap just to wash 1-2 loads of clothes? It was a mystery: Did the owners sneak in after check-out and snatch away the leftovers for their own use? Were their prior guests now lugging bottles of detergents in their daybags? Now I'm an owner... and I'm none the wiser! :lol: :lol: :lol:
debk
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

On the subject of cheap detergent, the developer of our property wrote to all the owners to say that a certain French supermarket brand of 3 in 1 dishwasher tablets had wrecked 2 of the dishwashers.
Martha

Post by Martha »

We have a septic tank so I think we'll need to make sure that suitable products are always available. I'm looking into bulk buying Ecover eco-friendly products as I'd like to use these if possible, even if it does cost a little more...
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I leave dishwasher tablets, but not washing machine products. I have sensative skin myself and prefer to use a washing liquid that is for sensative skins - just as a lot of people prefer to use non biological products for young children.
Ju

Post by Ju »

Firebug, no need to buy ecover products for the septic tank. We use persil, and as I do all the Gite washing etc I go through lots of it. It has never caused a problem with the septic tank.

We leave washing tablets in all the properties. If the guests have sensitive skin then they don't use it. Mindst you if their skin is that sensitive then they won't want the sleep in the sheets I've washed and ironed for them either!

Ju
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

As I use the house alot myself but don't live on site, i just leave all the washing/dishwashing stuff in the cupboard for people to use.

What seems to happen is that guests replace things as they run out so I never arrive to find we're completely out of anything, although I often find we might have more than one brand of a product. I don't mind, I'll use anything so it's worked quite well so far!