OK with some trepidation... please review my website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Roz

OK with some trepidation... please review my website

Post by Roz »

Hi,
I am in the process of escaping from Hoseasons and have been working on my own website www.pendletoncottage.co.uk

It is still work in progress but it would be great to get some initial comments. I have been inspired by some of your wonderful websites and found reading other reviews very helpful.

I know I need more internal photos. I have been waiting for better weather but think I will also get a professional photographer in - does anyone know any good ones near Derby?

I plan to add more content - information about the local area and walks - over time. Also do more on SEO and optimising the photos. The list is endless!

By the way, the weird arrangement where I give prices for direct booking for Pendleton Cottage but not Sparrows' Roost is deliberate - it's a long story!

Thanks!
Roz
www.pendletoncottage.co.uk

R
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

It's a good website.
A couple of easy to fix things - The Home title on the front page should be renamed as something more informative. There are too many different font styles and they could relate more to the content. I didn't read the main description on the front page in italic because I thought it would be a review (as people tend to have reviews in italic)
In your pictures of Pembleton, if I click on an image I seem to be able to post a reply and I'm told of the resolution of the image etc which is not what you intended.
Like the cottages.
Roz

Post by Roz »

Thanks Newtimber, very helpful. I'm on to it!
Roz
dizza2560

ok with some trepidation...please review my website

Post by dizza2560 »

Hello Roz,
First of all well done!
I have no technical ability myself. having had to go down the promotemyplace route, but I think the website is very good. From a users point of view it has everything I would be looking for and some enticing descriptions. In fact I have bookmarked you for a potential visit next year, the cottages look so good!
The only thing I would say is that I found the white background a little stark, maybe a warm cream or beige? But only my personal opinion.
Again, good luck with it all.
I would rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
Roz

Post by Roz »

Thanks very much dizza2560, I really appreciate you taking the time to look at it. I'm not really a techie either and did it all on Wordpress which does a lot of it for you. I'm not sure if I can change the background colour but I'll look at it. I'm sure it must be possible.

It would be great if you came to stay!

Thanks again,
Roz
linda que linda

Post by linda que linda »

I'm commenting a bit late as I've been away for several weeks but wanted to say good job, Roz. Your website makes me want to go there, which is the exactly the point, right? Also, your T&C's are very nicely put and inspire me to do some revisions to my own.
Roz

Post by Roz »

Thanks Linda, I really appreciate you looking at the website. There are still a few things raised by others that I need to address, but some urgent stuff came up (as it does!)

Thanks again!
Roz