Interesting Site...Opinions??

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
petehols

Interesting Site...Opinions??

Post by petehols »

Hi all

Haven't posted on here for a while. Hope everyone is well. Anyway I got approached by this company to advertise on their site and thought it could be a bit beneficial for all owners and holidaymakers. Have a look at them holidaysauction.com

It is a completely different concept to the standard form of advertising. I registered on their site but haven't done anything about it yet. It is a very low set up fee and am thinking it could be quite handy.

As far as I gathered they are getting some serious traffic as everytime I am on the site there is always visitors there.

I thought I would let the group decide what they thought of the idea just now I am swaying in their favour as I think it has potential.

Petehols
for worldwide holidays try www.lastminutevillaholiday.co.uk
TravelPixel

Post by TravelPixel »

hmmm, this is a great idea in principle, but I feel the site needs some work in presentation.

I swear there are several other bid for holiday sites out there.. :?:
oskar

Post by oskar »

I am swaying in their favour as I think it has potential.
Well you would expect the site owner to think that, thetonman :roll:
petehols

Post by petehols »

Hi Oskar

I have no idea what you are talking about. I do not own this site. I have my own site that I am currently dealing with which this forum knows about. I just thought this was an interesting idea for a rental site.

Pete
TravelPixel

Post by TravelPixel »

im not sure what oskar is on about either!

:D
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I'm a member of a music forum and if they think anyone is pushing their own stuff they always shout "Street Team".... Apparently artists and record labels pay students to stand in the street and hand out leaflets but also to go on forums and rave enthusastically about a band or artist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/1xmusic/prom ... tp01.shtml The Street Team term has arisen because of that...

So if anyone thinks someone is doing some self promo we can yell "Street Team" too, but Pete, I don't think yr Street Teaming!! 8)
TravelPixel

Post by TravelPixel »

soodyer wrote:I'm a member of a music forum and if they think anyone is pushing their own stuff they always shout "Street Team".... Apparently artists and record labels pay students to stand in the street and hand out leaflets but also to go on forums and rave enthusastically about a band or artist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/1xmusic/prom ... tp01.shtml The Street Team term has arisen because of that...

So if anyone thinks someone is doing some self promo we can yell "Street Team" too, but Pete, I don't think yr Street Teaming!! 8)
:D :D
oskar

Post by oskar »

STREET TEAM!!!! :wink:

You may be interested to know that the topic poster has been banned from another forum "street teaming".
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Okay Oskar! I'm too trusting maybe :oops:

I do love that term though!!
petehols

Post by petehols »

Hi Oskar

I will hold my hands up to that. I was banned from another forum for promoting my site. That was a while back and I have learnt my lesson when it comes to that. I was over eager in trying to get people to my site. I don't hide that fact and have learnt from it. I have been participating in this forum for a long time now and not once have I advertised my site on here. I have one site which everyone knows about and I would not advertise it on any forums apart from in the signature box.

I made the mistake once and yes I did get banned but from then I have never advertised on a forum again. For one misdiscretion does that mean that any website I mention in a forum means that I own it. I wish that was the case because I would be a rich man then.

I repeat again I am not the owner of this site or affiliated with it in anyway apart from receiving an email about the site and me registering.

Thanks

Pete
oskar

Post by oskar »

3 out of the 5 villas on this new site do seem to have an an uncanny resemblance to 3 on your own. The other 2 are Bulgarian - is that not where you say you stay? Uncanny!

And thetonman has used an Australian IP address, just like you have,. Uncanny! :wink:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

I have serious doubts about people who come here with a product to sell.

If, from the first moment, they are honest and open about whom they are, why they are here and if what they have to say is of some relevance I am prepared to listen to them.

I have the strongest possible objections to people who think this is simply a place sell their product.

Alan
petehols

Post by petehols »

Hi Oskar

Thanks for the information. Firstly when I registered on the site because I am a company they had a deal on for my customers to advertise 1 listing free of charge. So obviously I emailed my customers to let them know about this offer that is probably why you will see some villas on their site that is on mine aswell.

Secondly you have just proved that thetonman is not me as I am not in Australia.

Thirdly if you also check the whois database which I have just done you will find out that it is not me that owns the site as the last time I checked I am not female.

I Don't feel I should have to justify myself when all the facts point to that this is not my site. I have my own site to deal with. Next time I see a site that I think would be of interest to people on LMH I think it would be more apropriate to keep it to myself as this has caused nothing but hassle.

Mind you I thought www.holidaybank.co.uk was a good idea for companies and private villa owners but i better not mention them as i might get accused of owning that site too.

I hope this is the end of it now.

Pete
oskar

Post by oskar »

So obviously I emailed my customers to let them know about this offer that is probably why you will see some villas on their site that is on mine aswell.
Not "some" villas but them all. The 2 Bulgarian villas just happen to be on your other site http://www.holidaystobulgaria.co m/(space left to prevent live link)
5 out of 5! Uncanny!
As far as I gathered they are getting some serious traffic as everytime I am on the site there is always visitors there.
And yet, the only villas on the site are on yours!
Secondly you have just proved that thetonman is not me as I am not in Australia.

But you will admit to using an Australian IP address in the past? And do you not have a link on your site to www.australia.world-guides.co m? (space left again) Uncanny!

Come on, Pete, we´re not daft. The evidence is there for all to see. All 5 villas on this new site are advertised on your own sites. You´ve posted on another forum from an Australian IP address and you have a link on your website to an Australian site. On that same forum, the owner of this new auction site posted from an Australian IP address.

You´ve been rumbled. Own up!
TravelPixel

Post by TravelPixel »

Come on, Pete, we´re not daft. The evidence is there for all to see. All 5 villas on this new site are advertised on your own sites. You´ve posted on another forum from an Australian IP address and you have a link on your website to an Australian site. On that same forum, the owner of this new auction site posted from an Australian IP address.

You´ve been rumbled. Own up!
LOL, or as the geeks would say PWND!!

:D