(tech-skilled only) FB custom tab returns a Forbidden error

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
NonnaGiulietta

(tech-skilled only) FB custom tab returns a Forbidden error

Post by NonnaGiulietta »

Hi there…

I've set up a custom tab on Facebook Developers, which is instructed to show in an IFRAME a certain page laying on my own website. Something like https://www.mywebsite.com/certain/page.shtml (the extension is due to a SSI inside it). At the same time I've added all the SSL stuff to my domain and I've bought a secure certificate, which is now up and running.

Well, when I click on my new tab on Facebook I get a blank iframe with a Forbidden message saying: "You don't have permission to access /certain/page.shtml on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.". Needless to say that there is no 404, the page is where it is supposed to be: it shows up in all its splendor if I right-click "Show Only This Frame" in Firefox. Sounds like something is preventing Facebook to read my own website.

Permissions are as follows:
/certain/ 755
page.shtml 644

I'm going mad. Please, can any of you help me?
Nonna Giulietta Apartment
NG on Facebook

God gave us the gift of speech, but has taken from us that of silence (Sergio Bolgeri, painter)
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

are you using a https when connecting to FB? If not, maybe the problem is that one can't load a secure page into an iframe on an non-secure page?
NonnaGiulietta

Post by NonnaGiulietta »

https://www.facebook.com/NonnaGiulietta/app_529423223762384

Thank you for your suggestion. But now I'm thinking it has to do with the .htaccess on my website. So wretched the life for the self-taught :(
NG on Facebook

God gave us the gift of speech, but has taken from us that of silence (Sergio Bolgeri, painter)
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

Yeah, I am having trouble with the .htaccess file on one of my sites, too.....
NonnaGiulietta

Post by NonnaGiulietta »

Hip, Hip, Hooray! :P :P :P

Resolved! Now I have my very first custom tab on FB. It's called "Calendar and Rates" and shows my availability calendar in real-time with my website. Wow! For those hardcoders here it may seem a trifle, but it took me two days and let me tell you, happiness will last as much. Now I have to study a color scheme that matches both my site and Facebook, and it's done. But this will be work for the near future.

Good night to you all.
NG on Facebook