Recommended website designers?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Nemo

Recommended website designers?

Post by Nemo »

I want/need a new website. I had thought I could do it myself but have come to the conclusion that I don't have enough hours or ability to create what I want. :lol:

I know several of you have had yours designed, so if you can recommend your designer, then please do so here? I then can at least get off the starting blocks, as I know this is going to be a long process!

I just want it designed but not hosted by the designer, although I'm happy to be guided for hosting. I have several domain names already. I have been thinking a wordpress site and then to start a blog alongside. I want to be able to do all future updates myself, so that I retain full control.
delilah

re: website designer

Post by delilah »

Hi there Nemo
This is my website designer, Yvonne. She also has some marketing experience and found the cartoonist for me, and she is also good at design for print...an all rounder. And she is really good, not too expensive and she is in suffolk, not too far from you if you want a face to face. She normally does a face to face first visit to make sure she understands what you want.

http://www.bloomfieldwebdesign.co.uk
whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't....you're right
www.anchoragemewsmersea.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/AnchorageMewsHo ... age?ref=hl
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thanks Delilah. I'm not in Norfolk, that's just where my rentals are, but no matter. I'll wait on some of the others, as I know there are more, although I know I love your website too!
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I recommend our chap www.celticwebdesign.net .Very easy to work with.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I use a LMH member, Martin Jarvis, who is a bit of a wordpress expert. I'm very happy with him. Really available and helpful.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

The person who designed my WP site (and Caroline H's) is chris.cob@gmail.com
She is based in California so there is a time difference but that never posed a problem for me. She is very efficient and easy to work with.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thank you all. I'll get in touch with them for some ideas and quotes in due course.
peyre blanque

Post by peyre blanque »

Hi Nemo

I was looking about the other day and found www.handcraftedwebsites.co.uk I've no personal experience, but
it seems they do a fair few holiday places and the prices are reasonable.
When we redo ours later this year they're on my list....

Ross
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thanks Ross. If nothing else, I've fallen in love with some of the properties and websites on there. :)
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

My new sites with Weebly are still a work in progress (thinking of posting them for review soon) but I have found them to be incredibly easy - more so than Wordpress which I did try but did not find to be anything like as user-friendly

I used to have Independent Owners sites. These are also quite simple but do not offer as much as Weebly and you have to pay to get things like stats and to put up language versions.

You could just have a try at Weebly and see how you get on - no cost except time and if I can do it, trust me, anyone can!.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thanks pepsipuss, but I have definitely made the decision to go for a designer. I want lots of bells and whistles with this one, so I think it's worth investing in. Plus I'm happy to give some work to another small business and less to the taxman!