Finally got website up...although gite still not finished!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
galtezza

Finally got website up...although gite still not finished!

Post by galtezza »

I wonder if I could ask for some feedback on the website....
We need to get the website up and running to have any hope of getting bookings this year - but as you will see there are no pictures of the lounge and kitchen yet.... which is because they're not finished!!
We've tried to put as much other info in as possible and as soon as we have completed them we'll update.
But I wondered whether you could give me your views on the website as it stands now... Particularly any of the technical bits, as this is all new to me.

http://www.holidayrentalsdordogne.com
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

Hi Galtezza,
I'll leave it to other more experienced hatters to look at the technical bits, my website is not set up yet so I am also a novice to this.
However I think it looks very good, the pictures of the cottage are gorgeous and very inviting and it all seems very clear and easy to use.
Jen
Titti

Post by Titti »

absolutely adorable place, congratulations!
I do know it takes a lot of time to get good pictures but I feel that your delightful property is actually even prettier than in the photos.

I find the outisde pictures of the cottage a hint fuzzy. I think that is probabaly due to the compression. Would it be possible to load pictures at a bit higher resolution?
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

That is adorable! And well priced I think. Definitely makes me want to stay there.

I'd leave off the link to the second cottage that is a year away - or I'd show the construction progress but no reason to link to something that's not there. You can leave the link but have it not yet be clickable - or explain elsewhere on the site that a second property is coming soon... describe what it will be like (same as mon coeur?) and take advance bookings?

I like your photos a lot. I think they appear a little mixed up though in the "photos" link - maybe somehow separate them - you have nearly as many photos of the gym (which is nice but I doubt many people are coming there for that) as you do of the bedroom and bathroom. I understand it's a small space but maybe take a close up of the pretty mirror in the bathroom, the beautiful bathtub, etc.. so you have some more interior shots. The place is ideal for that type of picture.

Also where are the photos of downstairs? I can't find them anywhere. I see there is a downstairs from the floorplan but I don't see any photos of it. (and the house is so beautiful that I will definitely come back to see them!!!)
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

oh sorry - now I see you haven't completed downstairs!! that makes sense!! can't wait to see it.
cartwheel

Post by cartwheel »

It is a lovely cottage! We would definately stay there, and enjoy the apple tv, if not the gym;-)
galtezza

Post by galtezza »

Thanks for all your feedback - as usual very helpful.
I wouldn't normally have put anything about the second property, but we wanted to be able to have the website set up as a multiproperty site on Promote my Place, so that we could start putting photos in as soon as we have some initial external shots. I will try and make those pages inaccessible for the moment as you suggest.
I agree on the external photos being a bit fuzzy, we are going to try and upload some higher resolution ones today.
Good idea on producing some more close-up photos of the interior so far.... will add some in this week. I will see if I can group the photos differently.
Should be able to get some more downstairs shots in about 4 weeks!!
Any more feedback gratefully received...
cartwheel

Post by cartwheel »

I would definately add some mood photos, e.g.,
a close up of the bathtub with a book and a glass of wine strategically placed. Breakfast tray on the bed, the mirror as someone mentioned. The view from the window. A meal laid on the terrace. Also a photo of the apple tv. :D