At last a new site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
pepsipuss

At last a new site

Post by pepsipuss »

With some trepidation I offer my new Weebly site for review!

I have found it much more satisfying to produce than my Iowners one - lots more bells and whistles, most of which I have not yet tried to use. But before I go any further I would really appreciate some comments.

Many thanks

http://www.villa-rental-andalucia.com/
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Pepsipuss, my first thoughts are

WOW! What an easy to use site with lovely photos and good descriptions. If I was looking for a group holiday place, this would certainly be on the short list, if not actually at the top. I am also seriously impressed that you designed this site yourself, you clever lady :D

Just one small niggle - the description of the second photo of the upstairs kitchen omits the t off breakfast.

And if one missing t is the only thing wrong with your site, all your hard work has paid off.

Well done! :clap :congrat
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Thank you very much for the compliments, PW, and spotting the missing T which is now corrected.

I don't feel I can take much credit for it as Weebly makes it so easy - and there is lots more I am sure I could be doing with it but am taking it one step at a time. I went for Weebly Pro as it gives you ten sites and more gizmos, so that I could do separate language versions (currently working on French as the majority of our guests are French or French-speaking). Also doing one for the B&B which I have published but is still a work in progress.

If anyone is interested in doing a Weebly site both they and I get a $10 credit against any Premium product with them if I recommend them so please if there is anyone out there wanting one, I would appreciate it if you would let me recommend you!
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

booboo

Post by booboo »

I do not feel at all qualified to review a website, all I can say is I too found it easy to use and the photos are lovely.
The only thing I didn't like was the throws over the chairs, they don't do that room any justice, but it would not out me off booking as its a lovely place. Love the bedrooms BTW!
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Thank you Booboo.

I think I have some pictures somewhere without throws although the angles are not quite so good as they were taken before I got my new camera. However, easily solved as I have new sofas in there now and we are going to be spending some time there next week while some work is done.

So any more suggestions for changes to pictures, now is a good time!!

French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I like it pepsi. I like the use you've made of weebly's new sliding header too. (I'm a weebly-ite too).

It's clean, it's clear and the photos are good.

Just a couple of initial off the cuff thoughts. One is whether you should have something more specific about your location (eg Spain! Or at least Andalucia) 'above the fold'. I know it's on the front page but on my laptop I have to scroll down to see it.

I suspect you've already got the second one planned, but are you going to put availability and prices on the site rather than have folk click back to your old site?
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Thank you FC - I will have a look at the Andalucia bit : one tends to forget that the rest of the world does not know where we are!

I am still looking for a calendar with the same functionality as the IOWNers one - I love being able to hover over a date to get the price. Otherwise you need two different calendars and I am trying to avoid that.

Anyone know of one?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

This is beautifully done - very easy to navigate, everything is clear. You know what you are getting - all the links work - it is just good. I'm trying to design my site now and always worry that it isn't clear exactly what I have up for offer... yours is very clear.

I do have a few things that I would do a little differently (just constructive criticism - I really like the site!!) - not urgent but I would take some new photos with flowers, set tables, (nice big dining room table set to eat at - even the small, circular table set to eat at. - oh... now I see you have one with the table set and one not set but the one set looks dark) and the one that the table is not set isn't very good - I completely agree about the couches with the covers over them - that should definitely go. If I see couches covered like that for a rental I'm considering it definitely turns me off.

I think your photos are ok but I think they could be better all around if taken with a fancy camera or by a professional photographer.

And just to be picky even though this really isn't at all an issue, I would also change the font to something a little more snazzy.
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Hi Folks
Well have made some changes:
The couches in the upstairs sitting room are no longer covered but I am struggling to get the light/contrast right in the right hand image (mid page). It is always a problem when the sun is shining directly inside - and today it is peeing down so not nice either and also can't empty room properly - all the outside furniture from this terrace has been dragged into sitting room so builders can start outside and of course they can't because of the rain! :evil: :evil:

The dining room will have to wait as I forgot to bring the pretty white tablecloths with me and any other colour in that room takes on strange hues - no natural light in there.

Am working on floor plans with a planner I have a week's trial with. I don't really want to do the pages as two separate apartments as people do not read (as we know only too well) and when we used to do it that way they were always assuming that the price was for one floor only.

Can any weebly user tell me if I can change the typeface without going to another template? I can't find a way to do it-