Please tell me what you think of www.carrasvillas.com

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Malcolm Pim

Please tell me what you think of www.carrasvillas.com

Post by Malcolm Pim »

We have had a studio in Carras, Nice for four years and are just taking delivery of a new one-bedroom apartment very nearby, for letting from July 2006. We have up-dated the website and would be very grateful for any comments. The studio bookings have been pretty good, particularly as we get quite a lot of low and mid season visitors - the sun does shine (nearly) all year round in Nice! Bookings for the studio have tended to be couples or people on their own from a wide age range. We expect the 1-bed to attract small families or just people who want a bit more space.
Our selling points are that we are near the airport (but not near enough to be disturbed by noise), we let for whatever period people want, with no fixed change-over day and we keep the costs down by not employing a cleaner - we send the keys, and renters send them back after their visit, having cleaned up. It works! Consequently, our rates are probably the lowest in Nice, for either studios or 1 beds (not a plug but something others may want to think about).
I look forward to hearing what people feel about the site. We wonder if it may be a bit too "busy" and may not use the pictures to best effect. Font for text may be a bit small in places too.
enid

Post by enid »

went to have a look but I'm on dial up still ( ys I know and we are in the process of getting broadband) - I'm afraid when I see a loading libe I just don't have time to hang around.
debk

Post by debk »

congrats on the new addition to your rental family!

i wish i could be more positive about your site... but i'm on broadband and also got the "loading" message.

then the site itself appears to be all graphics?

as such, the text is blurry and hard to read, as are the pictures. because of that, i'm sorry to say that i didn't link beyond the first page.

i did like your colors and what i quickly saw of your layout.

overall, i think a normal web page -- with text that the search engines will find -- would be a big improvement for you and your visitors.

i hope that helps.
debk
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

I agree with Deb's comments.

I did look past the first page, hoping to find some more pictures, but there weren't any, and the bit about right-clicking to enlarge didn't work very well as it only enlarged part of the graphic (the rest wouldn't fit on my screen) and the resolution of the pics was not good at all.

At first I was a bit dubious when you said that you don't employ a cleaner - but you do make a point of saying so on your website, so you are not raising peoples' expectations and that is fine as long as you are upfront about it. Maybe you could add the following phrase to your existing text: "this is what helps us to keep our prices so competitive".

On the whole, a nice site, with all the necessary info. Just a few more pics, and proper text as opposed to a graphic, would improve it.

Good Luck (And I may just contact you one day if my husband and I decide to get away for a short break without the children!)
pinkeyemedia

Post by pinkeyemedia »

I like the site too, but the text needs to be text and not part of the images. I wouldnt be hard to still have your red borders etc around the text and like others say, it could then be picked up in search engines. Or even if you cant change the text, then why not use a larger image, cos even my eyes are strained at 23!! Dont be put off by these comments, your site is a million times better than most, but its worth taking on board comments from everyone to make it spot on! :lol:
debk

Post by debk »

your site is a million times better than most
Indeed. I'm sorry I wasn't more positive in my first post. Please don't be discouraged... your colors and layout are good. I think if you employ a normal webpage you'll find yourself right on track!
debk
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

Your site looks OK (eventually !).

But who will find it ?

Problem is that it has a google page ranking of 0. And this is what google thinks of it (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... villas.com ) :

----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, no information is available for the URL www.carrasvillas.com

If the URL is valid, try visiting that web page by clicking on the following link: www.carrasvillas.com
Find web pages from the site www.carrasvillas.com
Find web pages that contain the term "www.carrasvillas.com"
----------------------------------------------------------

I'm afraid the robots have limited penetration of flash sites.

It is OK as further information from existing links, but currently it won't produce visitors from search results. And link popularity ( http://www.linkpopularity.com/linkpop.c ... &name.y=18 ) can't find any inward links.

Is the site very new ?

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com