Going too far with thick, heavy, luxury bathrobes?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Mountain Goat

Going too far with thick, heavy, luxury bathrobes?

Post by Mountain Goat »

I thought it would be a good idea to have thick, Ritz Hotel-type white bathrobes for our punters, not realising they would be £50-£60 each and Mrs Goat pointed out that would be 2 per bedroom and 1 spare set for the laundry, and that would be 16 or so, and what about our personal ones etc.

Are bathrobes going too far for guests?

Anyway shoving 'LUXORIOUS' in ebay.co.uk brings up these incredibly high quality ones at £12 each (save on postage by buying more than one) - easy to find by the unique spelling. Seriously good value. No affiliation. Nice person to deal with. If she hasn't got white advertised, make a direct request, though plenty of other colours.

And don't forget, one for the visiting dog - try searching for
7763277846 for example.

Goat
Ju

Post by Ju »

I did think about it, but soon worked out the impracticallities. To do it I would need to spend over 2000 €. And then I would have to was them each week, which would probably mean another washing machine as there is not spare time left on mine, there are both fully booked!

If you send all your laundry out then perhaps it is worth it, but I always look at the cost and wonder if there is anything else we could do with the money which would be a better return.

Ju
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Aren't bathrobes at the top of the list of items usually stolen from hotel rooms? :wink:

Seriously though, I would never expect bathrobes to be provided when renting a holiday home, and would probably not use them even if they were. But then again, you are in the swiss alps and are not a standard french "gite", so I suppose it would be different - and would certainly be a USP for you!

Nice idea!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

bought a couple to leave in our apartment. Apparently only the couples who have stayed have even worn them (They are left folded in the bottom drawer). We were however given 2 luxurious spa type one with the apartment name on them by the guy who built the apartments. I could see that they might get 'half-inched'. They have proved useful for me as I have 2 teenage boys with me.
enid

Post by enid »

I have just ordered some from Out of Eden who someone recommended on LMH. I want them just for people who hire the sauna or spa. They cost £11 each and I can vouch for their quality. Problem is that I only have 3 to include in the hire now as I pinched one for myself!
gh

Post by gh »

You are certainly thinking of our guests, perhaps it would be practical for adults only.
We dont advertise that we supply bedroom slippers for our adult guests and they find them when they arrive, no washing little cost and they appreciate the thought. We replace them if left behind. www.outofeden.co.uk

You or your caretaker could do a quick count and deal with missing ones accordingly :wink:

A lovely extra to receive, in winter lets........take the e-bay label of though :lol:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Enid, the pool and spa are why I have left some (although there are only 2 at the moment), even though it isn't finished yet.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Out of Eden looks really good. My problem now is intercepting the slipper delivery before Mrs Goat.

Also explaining to GVA customs what I'm up to may be difficult. "Ah, monsieur, I see. You have a holiday chalet with 4 bedrooms, and you need 500 pairs of slippers? "

I have enough problems bringing in chickens (ex-chickens) and getting them through in the current hysterical climate about avian gripe or whatever it's called over there.

Goat
Martha

Post by Martha »

I've been thinking about this...a nice USP for a chalet and, as none of our rooms are en-suite, they could be handy. That's a great price too.

I wonder how much extra our laundry costs would be....have to look into it. And I bet a lot of people would pinch them. Still, at that price it's not the end of the world...
enid

Post by enid »

I suppose you could deduct their disappearance from the security deposit. Our French clients always expect one of us to do a tour of the gite before leaving to check everything is ok - I cold spot the missing robes then - but I don't usually do that with UK clinets.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I hope no-one tried those 'LUXORIOUS' bath robes, that I recommended on eBay, a month or so ago.

We tried washing one yesterday (40 wash, reliable Miele machine) and it completely disintegrated into balls of what looks like cotton wool. The robes looked like cotton, felt like cotton, but in reality could only have been made of recycled Kleenex or something.

Do they make wash 'n' throwaway robes? I'm old enough to remember paper knickers, but....I'll see what the seller says.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

I'm old enough to remember paper knickers
MG..I can remember them too....and I think they still do them...however didn't think they did Goat size!! :lol: :lol:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Crystal, actually they would be ideal - just need a slight adjustment for my tail. :lol:

MG
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Ah, I mentioned disposable knickers on another thread. http://www.one-wear.co.uk/index.htm
I am covering every worse toilet situation scenario for my visit to India, disposable pants, own loo roll and Andrex moist tissues constantly in my bag ...... Too much information????? :lol:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Sue..don't forget baby wipes...comes in useful for 1000 and 1 things!! 8)