Baby Gates

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
catherinedonegal

Post by catherinedonegal »

cysgod y coed wrote:Useful pictures for me.
You really make children very welcome. Well done.
Thank you. We try to make it as child friendly as we can :-)
catherinedonegal

westcornwall wrote:Hi. This is my first year managing a holiday home. I found your information very useful too. I'm going to amend my own information now. Thank you.
Thank you for your lovely comment. :-) And best wishes on your new project.
catherinedonegal

tchn wrote:we have a top gate that is retractable so is always in place. We used to fit the bottom gate when kids were coming, but we now just leave it attached. Most of our guests have dogs,and it helps to reinforce the message that dogs are not welcome upstairs. No-one has complained about this approach.
Ours aren't retractable (haven't seen these?) but yes, having one at the bottom of the stairs would certainly stop dogs. I don't mind guests taking dogs but I never allow them in bedrooms (white bedding and dog hairs do not a happy marriage make :-D )
catherinedonegal

tchn wrote:we have a top gate that is retractable so is always in place. We used to fit the bottom gate when kids were coming, but we now just leave it attached. Most of our guests have dogs,and it helps to reinforce the message that dogs are not welcome upstairs. No-one has complained about this approach.
Could you give me a link to the retractable gates please. Maybe I could use them in our house thanks.
tchn

Post by tchn »

Hi,

We have a Lascal Kiddyguard Accent at the top of the stairs
http://www.lascal.net/products/kiddyguard

and a Babydan Guard Me at the bottom (new since my last post)
http://www.babydan.com/page1073.aspx?recordid1073=187
Picture here: http://www.sallyscottages.co.uk/sites/d ... k=3xlzXMb0

I've been very happy with both. We have the Babydan at the bottom as I wouldn't fancy the chances of the fabric Lascal against dogs' claws (which we only allow downstairs).

Tom
JaneV

Post by JaneV »

We've also got a retractable stairgate at the top - can't recommend these enough. We offer a pressure-fitting stairgate at the bottom but leave guests to put this up if they so wish. It's a Victorian staircase and is narrower than usual so don't want to leave it up all the time as could be irritating to non-baby guests. Would love to have a retractable at the bottom but also scared of it being scratched by dogs.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Just seen the title of this topic and was expecting to read something about Bill and Belinda's new offspring :?
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !