Website review again please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
paul smith

Website review again please

Post by paul smith »

Webmasters,

I have had my site up for view previously on here. Been updating and moving things around on the site lately.

Please would a few of you take the time to look over the site. Please ignore the pictures on the 'Apartment page' as I will be replacing them next month as soon as we get better quality replacment pictures and more internal pictures too.

Please also note that this only a template based website so only so much can be done here. No animation etc..

Look forward to reading some of your comments.

Seems to be listed ok with MSN, LYCOS and Yahoo but not much with ASK and Google, though I have just submitted again to Google.

Paul

www.holiday-apartment-turkey.co.uk
paul smith

Post by paul smith »

anyone brave enough to comment... :D

I don't mind any bad comments you know... lol :lol:
enid

Post by enid »

I liked the colour scheme and the font - easy to read. The text is clear and informative. The photo album took ages to load - wouldn't have waited if I'd been a punter - and then all the photos were small and very blurred. When you go to take some new apartment photos I would take lots more and put them on that page - liven them up with colourful cushions, fruit etc - I wanted more of the apartment itself and was a bit disappointed that the photo album was all of the region

Hope that helps.
roxytoo

website

Post by roxytoo »

As you said you need more photos etc but I liked the whole website, easy to navigate, easy to read, all the info is there!!
Great!

When can I go?? :lol:
Martha

Post by Martha »

It's nice and simple - the colours are easy on the eye - just a few things that I thought could be an improvement...

The copy - "Rental Apartment in Altinkum Turkey"
Really minor niggle this! Shouldn't it be "Rental Apartment in Altinkum, Turkey"

After this headline, maybe the copy could be re-written - prioritise the information to make it sound more inviting. It's good to keep it short, of course, but this reads like a condensed estate agent's write-up to me. The first thing you see is "Privately owned" - is this really a big draw? - and then "Holiday Apartment for rent" - you already know this from the headline.....

Maybe rewrite the home page copy to be more welcoming and less dry - like the Apartment page copy which is much better.

Other than that I agree with enid about the pics - but mostly it looks fine to me! :D
Last edited by Martha on Mon May 08, 2006 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paul smith

Post by paul smith »

Thanks to all who looked at our rental website. :D

Some good points raised which will be looked into shortly. You only know these errors from asking others. Great website

The more comments on our site, the better, whilst I know that others will have different opinions, we can't please all. :lol:

Thanks once again
paul smith

Post by paul smith »

Made some minor alterations as suggested above to our website.

Should be aliitle better apart from the picture content which will be delt with very soon now.

would be greatful of other opinions.

Paul :D
Martha

Post by Martha »

I think that copy's much better :)
As soon as you have some more nice pics of the apartment I think it'll be perfect.
marcus

Post by marcus »

Hi Paul,
Lovely calm colour scheme which I like a lot.

Can I just ask - why the big empty space between "Rental Apartment in Altinkum, Turkey" and "A fantastic holiday apartment for rental"? I'd be inclined to reduce the amount of 'blank space' in this area. And I was a bit unclear why there is a large list of websites at the bottom which aren't links - is that all part of the copyright statement perhaps?

You mention submitting to google...this isn't usually very successful - a better plan is to find local tourist listings or other directories where you can submit details of your site - search in google for 'turkey travel directory' and work through and see if there are some where you can add your website for free - I'm sure there will be.

Cheers and well done
Marcus