Accepting Credit Cards

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
NonnaGiulietta

Post by NonnaGiulietta »

We are now on Booking.com and has thus become imperative to accept credit cards on the spot, since their guests pay on arrival. So far it seemed impossible to deal with credit cards between privates here in Italy (our activity being not entrepreneurial) but now Payleven has filled this gap. I did everything I had to do and I should receive their hardware in a few days. I will keep you informed.
Nonna Giulietta Apartment
NG on Facebook

God gave us the gift of speech, but has taken from us that of silence (Sergio Bolgeri, painter)
donnylu

Post by donnylu »

Good luck! You are not obliged to accept cc but it looks more professional on b.com.

I had a quick look a payleevan. Not to throw a spanner in the works but it doesn't look the cheapest at 2.75%. Did you consider sumup which offers 1.95%. Sorry last thing you wanted to hear probably as you ordered your terminal.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Is it correct that if you do not accept CC when listing on Booking.com then you cannot ask for a deposit?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
NonnaGiulietta

Post by NonnaGiulietta »

Yes donnylu, I considered SumUp too, but I didn't choose them because it's a service dedicated solely to business owners, not to private citizens.
NG on Facebook

God gave us the gift of speech, but has taken from us that of silence (Sergio Bolgeri, painter)
NonnaGiulietta

Post by NonnaGiulietta »

casasantoestevo wrote:Is it correct that if you do not accept CC when listing on Booking.com then you cannot ask for a deposit?
Don't know for sure, I'm a newbie with them, but as a matter of fact there was not such an option in the wizard.
NG on Facebook

La Chouette

Post by La Chouette »

casasantoestevo wrote:Is it correct that if you do not accept CC when listing on Booking.com then you cannot ask for a deposit?
We're with them and don't accept credit cards but do ask for deposits. Depending on where the booking comes from, and how close to the arrival date we are, I ask for:
  • Cheque (French guests only)
    Bank transfer in euros (other Eurozone guests)
    Payplug payment (like PayPal but cheaper)
    Transferwise payment
Our entry with B.C is clearly marked that we don't accept CC payments but that guests need to pay the first night in advance as a deposit.

Jan
Essar

Post by Essar »

Have a look at Stripe - they don't yet operate in Slovenia but are already in 18 countries and expanding - they charge 2.4%.

See here.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"