Rev. Stan T*** booking for a Christian 'summit' conference?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Mountain Goat

Rev. Stan T*** booking for a Christian 'summit' conference?

Post by Mountain Goat »

Fairly meaty short notice booking for 3 weeks, with interesting use of English and a slight West African flavour.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks.

Goat
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Sun May 14, 2006 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
debk

Post by debk »

Yes, I get and ignore those.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thanks. Thought as much. Pity, we rather fancied a summit conference in the attic.

I suppose if I come across a bunch of Nigerian clergy cruising through our village during early summer, I'll eat my hat....
Goat
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Mountain Goat, I've had that one too.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It does seem a bit unfair. I mean, if you're a bishop or something, and fancy a week in Biarritz or wherever, with your mates, are you going to have to convince everyone you're not Nigerian?

Goat
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Developments with the Rev. today - when does teasing these guys turn nasty? I did think the Western Union twist was rather cute though:-

Hello,
Thanks for your reply and assistance so far in securing accomodation for our delegates.I am glad to tell you that we have concluded payment with the delegates.
However we are going to send you the Credit Card Information first thing tomorrow morning that will cover the cost of our accomodation,and the necessary arrangment for the delegates.Moreover, we also made an arrangement with a pre paid car hiring firm who will supply the delegates with cars they will use during their stay,but because of security reasons and confidentiality,we have decided that only one person will have to handle the credit card information.
So once you are in receipt of it,you are required to charge the credit card,confirm the amount of { 8,000 Euro ), in your account then deduct the total cost of your services {£1505 Euro} and send {6495 Euro} via Western union money Transfer, to the car hiring agent whose information w ill be forwarded to you once this arrangement is confirmed,also with the list of guests and exact arrival time.
So confirm this and provide me with your
1) YOUR FULL NAME
2) ADDRESS
3) PHONE NUMBERS for office records.
Please remember that the integrity of our agency is involved, so this business requires prompt response. I also hope the stay of the delegates will be made comfortable.Our phone number is 45555443355.call any time
Kind Regards,
Rev stan.

Rev stan todd
GRANDEE SERVICES UK
BEACON ST,BIRKBY,HUDDERSFIELD,
WEST YORKSHIRE HD2 2RS,
LONDON
PH:+44-702-305-2359
FAX:+44-700-597-8931
EMAIL:info_grdservices@yahoo.co.uk
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Wed May 17, 2006 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
levelsteps

Post by levelsteps »

Mountain Goat wrote: Rev stan todd
GRANDEE SERVICES UK
WEST YORKSHIRE HD2 2RS,

LONDON
EMAIL:info_grdservices@yahoo.co.uk[/i]
Coincidence or what? It would appear that Rev Stan shares an office with Doctor Chris.

Hello,
I am DR. CHRIS B. WILSON of GRANDEE SERVICES UK. I want
to book reservation in your rooms for a summit
organised by a christian organisation,The summit will
commence on the 1st of May to the 7th May 2006.

The delegates are 6 in number.They will be two adults in
each room so we require reservation for 3 rooms.Please get
back to me with the total cost for the 6 delegates
who will stay for the duration of 7 days, if these
dates are free and also if you can accomodate us so
that we will book for the reservation. I expect your
urgent response.

Sincerely yours,

DR CHRIS B WILSON
GRANDEE SERVICES UK
WEST YORKSHIRE HD2 2RS,

LONDON
EMAIL:info_grdservices@yahoo.co.uk
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

According to their addresses both Stan and Chris think that West Yorkshire is in London. Oh dear!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Alan
And I bet Cheryl's part of their gang as well...

I'm currently waiting for his diocesan references, but it's gone a bit quiet.
Goat
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

I'd love to know what hit rate they get - one in a hundred or less, I would think. Seems an awful lot of effort for a relatively small take. They'd probably earn more stacking shelves at Sainsburys!

John
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

The origin of the Rev's email was helpfully traced by the rental site which attracted his interest. They commented:

'...in this case the IP address resolved to an Israeli company that provides satellite Internet services, and we can safely assume this to be Nigeria...'

I also asked them about the 070 tel. nos. and they replied:

'...it is a service where you pay for an 070xxx number and choose where you want it to redirect calls to. This can be anywhere in the world or to mobiles I believe. They have legitimate usage.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/ioi/nu ... de#content

'...if you do a Google on 070 numbers, you will see that they have a huge following because they are untraceable, and hence ideal for scamming people. Unfortunately, most people assume they are a mobile number because of the 07, but the third 0 (070) is the give away....'

I thought this was useful.

Goat
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Proceeding smoothly with Rev. Stan:

thanks for your reply , i want to inform you that the bishop has accepted all the offers regarding to this arrengement and has ask you to contact him with his number +44 794744xxx for further inquiry please confirm this and provide to us your contact
phone number
full name
address
i awaits your response for the forwarding of the credit card informations

this are the delegates name
BARRISTER watson gordon
DR misail rick
MRS shewoed boaerlad
REV david robertson
regards
Rev Stan Todd

Our reply:

Dear Rev. Todd
Many thanks for the guest list of your ‘Christian’ conference – it is an honour to receive such a distinguished party in our humble luxury state-of-the-art chalet with Sky TV in each room and Radio 4 in the en suite 'Roxy' saunas.

Please could you confirm which accommodation Mrs Boaerlad would prefer? The Mary Poppins suite will be available, or the Heidi penthouse may be preferable as the Helvetia overlooks the local sewage farm, and summer is approaching.

Also, and you can rely absolutely on our discretion, we will need to know whether she will be sharing with Barrister Gordon, Dr Rick, or Rev. Robertson. The sleeping arrangements are, of course, particularly important.

We called the Bishop on the number you gave us, but unfortunately we could only speak to Miss Mimi Bawaga, who did not know of this booking, but offered us other services which were certainly a little unfamiliar to our ears. Is Miss Bawaga perhaps the Bishop’s personal assistant?

We await your faxed references from the Bishop in triplicate, and look forward to a decent game of Cluedo with ‘Buffy’ Gordon’s party (haven’t seen Buffy since that Magdalen summer ball in ’67 – what a hog-whimpering week that was) and no doubt you will supply the advance wine list. We've got a reliable cellar, as you know.

Copies of their Swiss visas would also be appreciated. Time is short!

Yours etc.
The Hon. Crispin Gordon-Blair

PS Did you catch Arsenal last night?
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Thu May 18, 2006 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Very sadly, despite more pressing calls from The Bishop, I've had to introduce him, The Brigadier, The Rev. et all to Yahoo's relevant special department.

We'll never what Mrs Boaerlad was going to get up to.

It was the black Merc. with Nigerian CD plates in our village which was the clincher.

Goat