Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Linked In
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SandyBeaches

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reactivating this thread as I have today been on a social media course and am all fired up about doing lots of extra things that I haven't been doing before. Of course it will fizzle out by next week....

I have a presence on linkedin but wondering whether it's worth doing from the point of view of interacting with customers/guests? ie will it lead to, or help, bookings?

I view it predominantly as a work/job related site. So it would be useful for me in terms of PR business interacting with companies and journalists, but I can't really see it working for holiday guests/consumers. Perhaps I'm wrong!
Hells Bells

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely I have more past guests as contacts on LinkedIn than I do on FB or Twitter, as well as some of my neighbours in France. Not sure it has been productive in terms of my rental property though.
Casscat

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not post my property via LinkedIn because for me it is very much a professional platform in the conventional sense of commerce and industry. However in scouting for plagiarism from my annoying copycat who stole my narrative I found that he had a LinkedIn page for his wretched hovel. I cannot imagine that it generates enquiries, but I am very naive when it comes to the whole 'power of social media' thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> Social media All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: