My ferret and I want to stay - do you have a jail?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Mountain Goat

My ferret and I want to stay - do you have a jail?

Post by Mountain Goat »

OK, this one is a bit more difficult. He/she could be using an online translator. Is he/she for real? Are Spaniards ferretophiles? Are ferrets a nuisance? Would it stay in its cage?

Jail could = kennel?

Hello, My name is A*** and i am looking for a small apartment in Suiza for this summer. We would be 2 persons and we would like to stay one week. We must know if in your apartment are animals allowed. We have a ferret (alwais in a jail) but we don't have any person to care about him so we have to give him with us in summer. You alow this? if not, you know any kind of apartment or somthing like this who could allow a ferret in a jail?
Thanks
A***

Goat (mystified)
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Sat May 20, 2006 11:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
cc

Post by cc »

Jail = cage and it makes a bit more sense. Very common for people on the mainland to take their pets away with them, ferrets maybe not so common!
debk

Post by debk »

Mountain Goat, I do enjoy your posts!

As for this inquiry/enquiry, I actually think it might be for real. In Portuguese, "gaiola" means "cage" but some (poor) dictionaries translate it as "jail." No doubt Alba is reassuring you that her beloved pet is in a cage, not incarcerated in the miscreant sense.

Can't help with the evaluation of expected ferret behaviour though... maybe a google search?
debk
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Our dog has a pet passport which we need to get her back into the UK when we travel. The scheme includes cats, dogs and ferrets, so maybe it's not too uncommon to travel with your ferret.
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

As a carnivore, a ferret produces noxious smells, like dogs, cats and err, us. I would be a bit nervous of its presence lingering after it had gone.

We do not take any animals, blaming allergies (well, some of our guest must be allergic to dog hair!). Despite this being clear in all our publicity we get asked regularly whether they can bring a dog. It is always a small, well-behaved, one - I'd love to know where the large out-of-control ones go on holiday!

John
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

It comes with us!! Although we do advertise that we accept cats and dogs, only our own dog has stayed there. I do find it so strange that as a nation of doglovers (supposedly), so few places in England accept dogs. It's much less of a problem in France and Scotland though.
Martha

Post by Martha »

"¡ Ay caramba! I thought we were going on 'oliday!"

A-two

Post by A-two »

A friend's sons has a pet ferret. It runs around the house like a maniac, jumping all over the furniture and anyone sitting on it. I don't know whether they all need prozac, or just this one, but they are not sedentary creatures that will sleep all day in a cage.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

firebug wrote:"¡ Ay caramba! I thought we were going on 'oliday!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I once stayed with a goth friend and she kept rats. She insisted I stayed in her room while she slept on the sofa. I hardly got any sleep as the rats scraped around in their cage all night long. and were just generally very noisy I wasn't all bothered by them though and picked them up and let them run up my arms.

We've had cats at the cottage but no other animals apart from dogs (that I'm aware of...)