Just gone Live, all comments welcome

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Steph

Just gone Live, all comments welcome

Post by Steph »

As Subject, please feel free to comment on

www.cassa-jasmin.com

All constructive criticism welcome.

Thanks for any feedback in advance, it will be much appreciated.
Last edited by Steph on Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Hello Steph, welcome to the forum!

I had a very quick look at your site, and my first reaction was that the photos are taking far too long to load, and I am on broadband! I hate to think how long it would take for someone with dial-up, I suspect that they will give up and not bother to wait :(

I think you need to check the filesize of all of your photos before you do anything else! What have you used to create your site? If you have used Frontpage I know that there is a little message at the bottom of the screen showing you how long each page will take to load at 28.8kb. Presumably other website design packages will have something similar.

Good Luck!

(PS. Forgive me for appearing a bit thick, but what is a "Quad Villa"? Is it related to a quad bike? :) )
paul smith

Post by paul smith »

Steph :D

Had a look at your rental site this morning and it does look very good. In fact the layout is superb. Just a few points I thought might interest you:

Pictures are too long to load, Im on B/Band 1.1Mb.

Home page/main page: the 'contact Us' there seems to show as if you are on the contact page at that point.

Some pictutes are of poorer quality.

In generall the site has impact, all the infomation is there and the font is nice too.

I'm not an expert of website building and layout, just an observer.

Regards

Paul 8)
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

It looks lovely.
I did notice a typo on the accommodation page though. "Casa Jasmins pool..." should have a possesive apostrophe, "Casa Jasmin's pool..."
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

HI Steph,and welcome to LMH. The photos were a little slow too load on mine too, and there was some text which ran into the next sentence on the accommodation page. Apart from that though, a good job.

Helen
enid

Post by enid »

I have dial up so didn't have time to wait for the photos - I'll try later. I did see a lot of typos though and on my screen some of the text runs together. However, as your booking seem to be very good it must be working for you :wink:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Steph,

The whole site is way too slow and that's on broadband. Everything needs optimising, even the menu system. Many or most of the pictures could do with being much better quality, no matter what their size.

Having said that, the content looks great and with a bit more work so will the site.

Alan
gh

Post by gh »

...loaded very quickly for me just now. bb 2gb
Like the site layout and the placing of your pic's and with others suggestions given; will be a really good site :lol:
Steph

Post by Steph »

Thanks you all for your comments thats a great help and I hope they keep coming..

The pics are the best we have at this stage are only until we visit next time, I will the update with better quality pics in June. What is the best way to take these new pics?

A Quad Villa is 4 villas joined together, two at the front and two at the rear. I will try and make this clearer on the accommadation page (but yes a good point)

The text overlapping is a problem we have, if your text size on your Pc is set larger than medium. Need to default this to medium, but not sure how at this stage? Any body have any sugguestions?

The pics load up at a reasonable speed on all Pcs I have viewed the site on (all broadband mind). However even on my Pc some times its better than others. How do I improve this? It was mentioned to optimise the menu & pics etc, what exactly does this mean?

Typos to be ammeded soon and thanks for taking the time to view www.cassa-jasmin.com and respond.

Much appreciated
Steph.
Last edited by Steph on Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

Search this forum for references to photos & Irfanview (a free photo management package).

Your index page has about 1.8m octets of images. This can be reduced to 0.1m octets with virtually no loss of resolution. NB Alt text behind the photos will be picked up by search engines, and is worth using with your keywords.

I couldn't see the meta tags in the code. Maybe in a CSS file ? The keywords are not used too much by google, but other search engines use them. There should also be description, robots, abstract, visit, etc.

The big job of SEO needs to be started. Google hardly knows you : http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... jasmin.biz

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
marcus

Post by marcus »

Hi

I think it will be nice when the pictures are sorted out

One thing I would change - the 'Contact Us' info could be somewhere else, rather than in the middle of the first page. Make someone want to contact you, with pictures etc then worry about giving your phone number.

The metatags and other info referred to above is also important - 'Homepage' is not a good Title for a page!

There is a little bit of scrolling left-right needed which would be better removed if you can

But it's pretty close, not too cluttered, easy on the eye etc, so stick at it, well done
Steph

Post by Steph »

Thank's again for input

have also found that some pc's have to double click on flash button? any tips

all other comment's taken on board re-design to follow :)
enid

Post by enid »

Today I got broadband so I could look at your photos etc - no comments to add to the above but I did like the plans - how did you do that?
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Dear mpprh,

I am not sure how to identify whether my codes & metatags are ok. Any chance of an idiots guide for us less well informed. It would be very much appreciated.
Bob
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »