Flowers

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
enid

Flowers

Post by enid »

Have been planting my pots for around the pool today - I have flowers by the gites, by the pool and in the parking area - I have different watering systems for each area (and a different one for the potager) - today I was wondering how you guys who don't live on site see to daily watering needs - or don't you have so many pots?
gh

Post by gh »

Would love to have lots of nice pots dotted all around, they certainly make the difference. Unfortunately our region has a water ban again and looks like continuing until Oct. :(

When the ban is not on we have an irrigation system with a timer, which we incorporated into landscaping in the begining, which waters all around the garden (90mtrs piping approx) from the well but now the well water is interde also.

As we are not on site, one of our neighbours waters (grey water) our young olive trees as they would not survive all these dry months.

There is talk of reduced taxes if owners collect water from roof's etc to butts.

Sorry Enid, wandered off there, it would be lovely to see your pots in bloom, perhaps you could post a pic later on in the year. :)
debk

Post by debk »

We have a drip watering system at the only place with a terrace and potted garden. Every few months, we have to adjust the number and length of waterings per day.

It works well, though some guests will accidently turn the faucet completely off when using the BBQ. (Faucet is supposed to always be on ""drip, not totally off.) Hasn't been a huge problem, but we did lose some jasmine when one guest was extra-careful to turn everything off tightly during an especially hot week.
debk
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Oh, I adore pots. As I'm not on site ( or even in the same country) this year I planted up 2 huge pots that live near the pool and 3 big ones dotted around the place. I ask my gardeners to water and the concierge. I also leave a watering can on the laundry draining board and ask guests to water- I discovered last year that it's a job most seem to like doing!! Fingers crossed - I can't get over until mid July to check on them but have been assured that all is well so far!!

www.thepetitmanoir.com