Things left in kitchen cupboards

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Do no under-estimate the popularity of instant mash or 'purée' in France - there are shelves of supermarket space dedicated to it!! I've often eaten it at my friends' houses. It actually isn't too bad, although nothing like the real thing.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

In my letter confirming receipt of balance, I repeat the contents of the welcome pack, but also mention about stopping en route (giving whereabouts of the local supermarkets) for the first time to pick up anything they might need for that evening, since we're in the depths of the French countryside, plus give them the happy news that the cupboards have plenty more of basic essentials; I request that they please try to top up these supplies, broadly (as Knightowl does) for the benefit of those who follow. This seems to work, though maybe the stuff I've left at the start of the season is the same stuff I find at season's end! However, there is now more than a year's supply of sundry dishwasher tablets!! And they're expensive! :? Better watch my (metred) water bill! Any theories?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be