JEAN CHRISTIAN ADDOU

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
levelsteps

JEAN CHRISTIAN ADDOU

Post by levelsteps »

Hello, I name myself JEAN CHRISTIAN ADDOU and at the time of the birthday of my marriage, my wife and me let us please make
a reservation within your buildings. My stay will be carried out over one 14 days duration as from 04 JUNE at 18 june, 2006. I would like
to know in order to confirm my reservation if you have a terminal of remote taking away because I would like to balance by bank card.

What a great shame - I returned my terminal of remote taking away only yesterday. Now I shall have to refuse Mr Addou accommodation. He will not be able to celebrate the birthday of his marriage within my buildings. :cry:
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

:lol: This one had me giggling :D
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Obviously I haven't seen the full message and where it (purportedly) came from, but couldn't this be from someone genuine using an on-line translation service? :?
Chalky

levelsteps

Post by levelsteps »

Chalky wrote:Obviously I haven't seen the full message and where it (purportedly) came from, but couldn't this be from someone genuine using an on-line translation service? :?
Hi Chalky,

It has S C A M written all over it. Below is the mail in full - it was also repeated in French. It would appear that his Travel Agency is having difficulty with their terminal of taking away :!:

Hello, I name myself JEAN CHRISTIAN ADDOU and at the time of the birthday of my marriage, my wife and me let us please make
a reservation within your buildings. My stay will be carried out over one 14 days duration as from 04 JUNE at 18 june, 2006. I would like
to know in order to confirm my reservation if you have a terminal of remote taking away because I would like to balance by bank card.
I wish to make a pre total payment after reception of the tariffs. Also I have service important to ask you. I would like to pay the plane
tickets but it is that the terminal of taking away for the credit cards of the travel agency is currently broken down and we are in strike
for one undetermined period thus I cannot go to the bank to take money for the expenses of the plane tickets. I would like to then
solicit you so that you render this service to me which will consist in outputting on my charts that I will send to you, in more of the
amount of the reservation, the sum of 2000 euros which will use to me for the purchase of the plane tickets.
Then made me a mandate of this amount via western union. I wish of any heart that you render this service to me in order to be able to
honour my promise with voyage because we are already ready. I would also like as a thanks for the service which you will render to
me, that you also output for you the sum of 500 euros like commission. I am thus in waiting of the total invoice so that I send the
charts for the complete balance to you.
Thank you
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

All is now clear :!: :wink:
Chalky

Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

I wish someone would scam me - I am feeling quite left out.
Bob
gh

Post by gh »

Lesblancs wrote:I wish someone would scam me - I am feeling quite left out.
Bob
....... ok here's the scam,

that table of from our hypermache which you purchised by my credit card has been refused payment from banque afric, please pay monie ozed to my bank in afric eban acoount swizziland wher i wizz zend yuz €1,000 for itz or moniez to charitzo lize azide, iz youz plz.

or i will not pay youz eban afric.

Better now bob 8)
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Oh yes, that was good for me.

Thinking about it, I did get a scam via a bogus paypal - 'fraudulent entry on your account, confirm details etc', which fortunately I twigged.

I still felt a need though to change all my details, which was a hassle.

Bob
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Bob, Rev. S Dyer here.

My esteemed late father Bishop Obligo Dyer died tragically after being caught in the turnstile of the Northen Line Tube and on his deathbed (the platform at Chalk Farm) text me about his hidden cache of diamonds/gold bars/stock certifiates and smoothie makers he'd secreted in a spot near Finsbury Park. He also told us he'd been a lifelong Sunderland supporter but we decided to keep that shame within the close family.... and you my good friend I've never met, who I know I can trust with our secret.

The thing is, we need £3000 in Argos vouchers to release the treasures which of course we are most willing to share with you as our esteemed and valued partner. Smoothie makers are the thing at the moment with the nation's current health kick so with all of your gold and cash you will be rich and have good bowl movements, you will be trebelly blessed my good friend.

Pleas conact me, I am sorry as English is not my native language beign from Newcastle upon Tyne. May your cattle be fat and your grass sweet, looking forwad to hearing from you.
Rev. Singale Dyer
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Lesblancs wrote:I wish someone would scam me - I am feeling quite left out.
Bob
We were feeling the same - what's wrong with our website that we don't get picked up by these creeps? And, no, please don't refer us to them!

John
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Seriously though - all these scams follow a pattern - so it does make it easier to spot them if you know what to look for.

I don't think I would fallen for any of these before, but I certainly will not now! Thanks for sharing the info.

Bob