JUST BOUGHT NEW PROPERTY (BRITTANY 22)

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Patruska

JUST BOUGHT NEW PROPERTY (BRITTANY 22)

Post by Patruska »

Hi all..
We completed in December 2005 - my husband and I are planning to move to our new home in 24 months. Its a 3 bedroomed stone house. In addition, it has an extra 53 square metres leading off from the kitchen. Ideally we would like to convert this area into a small flatlet for ourselves and rent the main house out (with the exception of 1 bedroom) as a Gite and/or bed and breakfast. Obviously by doing so it would help us financially (even if its only for a couple of months of a year) as well as enjoying meeting others.

I would appreciate any help/advice on the starting up of such a Gite/b&b (working on the assumption of 2 bedrooms only) - more importantly on all aspects of what the legal requirements are for such a small venture which I'm sure will be purely on a very small basis.

Looking forward to responses. Many thanks

Patruska :)
Queen of the Schwally and Leader of all Schwally Wannabees
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Welcome to Lay My Hat. There's load's of info on here if you just browse around. If you have any specific questions, just ask, someone will have some advice.