Foundation Research In Health Systems

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Dean

Foundation Research In Health Systems

Post by Dean »

Just got this from India - assuming it's a scam as usual.

Hello,

I am Dr. Alka Barua of Foundation For Research In Health Systems India. I want to book reservation for a research orgainsed by our group of medical experts,that will commence on the 30th of June 2006 and end on the 21st of July 2006.Please get back to me with your rates and the total cost for 4 delegates who will stay for the duration of 21 days .If these dates are free and if you can accomodate us kindly send me a response so that i will book.I expect your urgent response.
Tell us the cost:

1. 2 double rooms that can sleep 4 for 21 nights.

2. Your rates per nights include all taxes

3. Its subtotal for the 21 nights
4. Remember to give us the total rundown of the cost for the 21 nights in pounds(GBP).

Kind Regards,
Dr. Alka Barua,
Director 6 Gurukrupa,
Foundation for Research in Health Systems
183 Azad Society Ahmedabad
380015 India
Email:inhealthresearch@yahoo.co.in
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

If you really are a member of an organisation in India or Africa, it must be very difficult to organise a holiday. They must wonder why everybody ignores their enquiries!

John
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I know the format is giving off all the wrong signals, but, after Googling, Dr. Alka Barua appears to exisit, and so does his Foundation, on several genuine-looking sites.

The Yahoo email address is not encouraging, but there must be a few genuine Yahoo users out there? And N*g*ri*n*s don't have easy access to a Yahoo.in address.

Might be worth a go, and then shop him in when there's all that excess to pay the car hire company or whatever.

Can you trace his IP address?

Goat
Dean

Post by Dean »

If you look at the wording and compare it to many of the other scams posted, it's exactly the same - I have no doubt it's a scam.

Thanks for looking.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."