Offering website design

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I thought I would update this offer as it’s been a couple of years since I started little hobby.

I now offer two main types of website for those wishing to have their own, bespoke website for a holiday rental. Each website would contain the expected features required for a rental property, such as availability calendar and contact form. A typical site would consist of 7-8 pages depending on the content you are able to provide. The setting up of a domain name, creating email accounts and providing comprehensive documentation on how to maintain the website are of course all included. Designs use a template to provide the underlying structure but are developed entirely by hand to your requirements.

1. A standard HTML/CSS site which uses an small, efficient 3rd party CMS to give the owner access to change text and photos. These sites are best for those who would not feel comfortable with the technical aspects of creating pages or changing layouts. Text and photos can be updated by the owner without any change to the webpage structure. Such sites start at 400 Euros which includes 1 year of hosting. If you know a little HTML/CSS you could even take over the design and maintenance yourself afterwards.

2. A Wordpress sites hosted with your chosen domain name. These sites are best for people with some technical ability who would like to take over the site at a later date. Starting such a project on your own can be daunting and there is a large risk of losing all your work in the process. The site would be developed to your requirements and then with a little guidance, you would be able to take control of the design and continue development or maintenance yourself. If you run into problems, you can always come back and ask for assistance. A Wordpress site starts at 450 Euros which includes 1 year hosting and the license for a premium template.

For both types of website, the work involved is around 40 man hours for the basic design, so clearly represents excellent value for money. I am not a professional web designer so do not feel I can charge normal design rates. I’m fairly sure the going rate for such work would be many time more. After completion, the website belongs to you. It can be hosted anywhere you wish and there are no recurring license costs, only hosting fees.

In addition to a standard website some possible extras might include:
Booking forms
Receipt forms
Online payments
SMS notification
Blog
Translations
Cookie consent
Captcha protected forms
Password protected pages
Videos
Photo editing