Genuine? Punter, punteress + driver + maids....but...

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Mountain Goat

Genuine? Punter, punteress + driver + maids....but...

Post by Mountain Goat »

I've been getting too many of these scams and can't see through this one. How about this?

Nine weeks, definite dates, whole place (3 apts.):

I will be in ****** with 4 children, my wife, 3 housemaids and a driver. Please let me know how to proceed with the reservation and payment.

What am I worried about? Damn Yahoo.com email address, exotic title, immaculate English. I like the idea of 3 housemaids as well.

Goat
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
cromercrabholiday

Re: Genuine? Punter, punteress + driver + maids....but...

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Mountain Goat wrote:
I will be in ****** with 4 children, my wife, 3 housemaids and a driver. Please let me know how to proceed with the reservation and payment.

Goat
You won't need to clean them afterwards with all those housemaids :lol:

John
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

arg... I have a perfectly genuine yahoo email address. I much prefer it as it allows me to pick up email from anywhere and the layout/service is great. I was concerned at earlier posts on the forum which sent out danger signals about hotmail and yahoo accounts. My cottage email is part of my domain name but I do have that redirected to yahoo. I wish it didn't give off such negative vibes though! (although my bookings don't suffer)

p.s In fact I have had my yahoo address so long I have actually my own genuine name without lots of numbers before/after. :)
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Soodyer, you're right, there's no reason to besmirch Yahoo for these scams, after all it's only a tiny % of Yahoo users who are into these scams.

Just happens that 100% of the N*g*r*a*n scammers find yahoo.com flavour-of-the-month.

The party above seems 99.9% genuine, but I can't really go into the slightly bizarre requests that accompanied it, which give me just a twinge of doubt, on an open forum (hint - why can't there be a second level forum....with a bit more confidentiality).

Goat
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Goat, I am convinced it's a scam, as I had a similar one. If you reply, the email that is sent back will confirm it, as they will have the usual story of the business colleague who owes them money etc. Any address or other details given? I am sure the unusual requests may give the game away too.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

HelenB
It was the Full Monty with addresses, phone nos., personal assistant, and verbal discussion. It's pie-in-the-sky this year as too short notice, but looking good for next.

The main point was immaculate written English, which all scammees would agree is novel in this field.

It was just one small bizarre detail which has been nagging away in the background (although not as curious as the live guest recently, 2 hours after evening arrival, who needed a fresh goat, which I still find personally wounding)......and might still dump them on the shelf with my collection of Revs., Bishops, Barristers and minor Royalty that seem to clutter up my day.

Goat

(just negotiating this week's 15% share of the 15 squillion Euro Grand European Lottery)
Highams Park Harry

Post by Highams Park Harry »

that's not immaculate english though is it

schoolbook formal perhaps
Dordogne Holiday Cottage, sleeps eight
http://www.ruedelagare.co.uk