New Vacation Rental Site

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
msmith

New Vacation Rental Site

Post by msmith »

I received an offer today from a new vacation rental website that is going to launch this summer. You can list your vacation rental property for free for the first year. The site is schedule to launch to renters later in the summer and that's when your year starts. The site is called [edited by admin] and is owned and operated by The Weather Channel so I felt totally comfortable listing my home there. Just like to pass along good deals when I get them...Enjoy!
debk

Post by debk »

I like weather.com and use it regularly, so this was an interesting announcement. Here are some of their legal terms:

you hereby grant TWC the non-exclusive paid-up rights, in its sole discretion, to copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify and otherwise exploit the image(s) and content and authorize others to do so in all any and all markets and media, whether now known or hereafter developed, throughout the universe in perpetuity...

you agree to allow use of the property name, address and city in publicity or advertising without compensation...

You authorize TWC to automatically bill the charge card you provide each month or year (as applicable), or withdraw funds via electronic transfer from your checking account, until you cancel the FORGETAWAY renewal...

you are a resident of the United States of America...

The idea of publishing property addresses seems downright cheeky. :shock:
debk
ps-Should I be concerned that msmith joined today, has no identifying information and the only post is this advertisement?
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Deb - my thoughts exactly!
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
paolo

Re: New Vacation Rental Site

Post by paolo »

msmith wrote:Just like to pass along good deals when I get them
Oh, that's completely fooled me!
Paolo