Best Place to Advertise for French customers

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Astorchamonix

French visitors to chamonix?

Post by Astorchamonix »

Firstly, I'd just like to say what a wonderful forum, I don't know what I would have done without the many hours reading advice on this site - thanks!
We have just bought a 2 bed apt in chamonix centre to rent out. The website is www.astorchamonix.com for an idea of the type of property. We have had reasonable success with air bnb for winter bookings but are keen to get booked up for the summer and if possible, the low season. I've also listed on housetrip and skiii.com, as well as our property agent website and leboncoin.
Our rental agent is pushing for us to use booking.com, but with the rental agency and booking.com comission this will be a whopping 41% commission so we are not keen on this route.
Any other suggestions, especially to capture the French/European market?
We are considering arbitel.fr and mediahols but just wondered if anyone knew whether these worked for properties in the alps before shelling out any cash.
Your learned advice is much appreciated from a couple of newbies!
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

An update on what I said above 11 months ago.

I have dropped French Connections as I was getting hardly any enquiries and have changed to cheznous.com who gave us nearly all the bookings for our Gironde property last year and have already filled our season for 2015 except for 2 weeks. Chez Nous doesn't work so well for our naturist property but Amivac does bring in enquiries.

Locasun has now gone along the commission and book now road with commission at 15% so I have increased the prices by 15%. Not suprisingly I am not getting any enquiries through them.

Domegos, OLX, Findmeaholidayhome and Pour les vacances have all brought in enquiries but no bookings so far, but forever hopeful.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
lorca

Post by lorca »

oasiscouple wrote:An update on what I said above 11 months ago.

Locasun has now gone along the commission and book now road with commission at 15% so I have increased the prices by 15%. Not suprisingly I am not getting any enquiries through them.
Are you sure about this oasiscouple? It's rather unclear, but I think they charge the guests 15% (pretty high) - and don't charge owners at all. I may be wrong, but if I'm right, guests are already paying 15% more than your normal prices if they book through them. http://www.locasun.co.uk/inscription-es ... oprietaire
If not now, when?
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Lorca, as I already had an advert under their previous subscription system, I was invited to review my détails. On the pricing page I was presented with two columns. One headed with the prices I had in my advert for each season and the second column showing what I would receive, which was 15% less. I therefore changed the prices in the column to show the prices I wanted to receive and the prices indicated in my advert went up 15%.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

is chez nous just for properties in France?
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

roxytoo wrote:is chez nous just for properties in France?
Yes, and for me very effective. There is another site, not related at all to cheznous.com called cheznous.fr but I have never tried them
Honi soit qui peu y boit
lorca

Post by lorca »

oasiscouple wrote:Lorca, as I already had an advert under their previous subscription system, I was invited to review my détails. On the pricing page I was presented with two columns. One headed with the prices I had in my advert for each season and the second column showing what I would receive, which was 15% less. I therefore changed the prices in the column to show the prices I wanted to receive and the prices indicated in my advert went up 15%.
Gosh - that's not at all clear.We used to have ads with them, and were thinking of renewing as Homelidays no longer performs for us. So they're making 30% on each booking (plus other payment charges to the guest). I'll look elsewhere...
If not now, when?
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

Whilst looking on le bon coin for Nice properties I saw a couple of other sites:

www.lafrancedunordausud.fr/Location‎

and one for Savoy.

www.odalys-vacances.com/Ski-Savoie‎

I have no idea if they are any good. I did look at the first one and it didn't look too bad for a renter, but we aren't ready yet to put our property on the web.= so didn't check out the owners specs.
tavi

Post by tavi »

As the only Mediahols fan on LMH I'm just popping in to say I have the most lovely retired French couple for two weeks in my beach apartment at moment. They booked through MH :)

As you were.