Web ranking sanctions for suspect low grade incoming links

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
brightmike

Post by brightmike »

Just to clarify... should the website address not be put in the message area (the bit I'm typing in now) or in the website address bit of my profile (the www bit that you see for my webiste at the bottom of the message area) or should it not be in either?

I have only just starting using LMH so hopefully I'm not too "contaminated" yet :roll:
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

brightmike - I don't really understand how google works :roll: so can't answer that bit, but I do check my google analytics and I found that clicks from LMH were skewing my numbers so I removed the www link and just put my website (unclickable) as part of my profile.
brightmike

Post by brightmike »

Just checked Google web tools and LMH comes up top! I will remove my webiste address for now to play it safe.
Our property website can be found by looking at our profile.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Why don't you just put up a link to your property on a third party web site such as Owners Direct if you don't want to skew the stats for your own site? That way people can still take a butcher's if they're curious.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

brightmike wrote:Just checked Google web tools and LMH comes up top! I will remove my webiste address for now to play it safe.
There is something you can do in Google to prevent this problem, without having to remove your link. I forget what is it but will have a look and come back.

... it's called disavowing backlinks. You can look it up on Webmaster tools. I did it for LMH. No idea if it made any difference.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools ... links-main