PIMS holiday rental management

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

Could someone send me a referral code, I would like to give PIMS a try. We only have the one place so not sure if it is worth it or not.
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

ianh100 wrote:Could someone send me a referral code, I would like to give PIMS a try. We only have the one place so not sure if it is worth it or not.
Done in a PM! I *really* think it's worth it (but then I have 5 properties). I couldn't live without PIMS now, including it's input to my website. Thanks e-R :D
jho

Post by jho »

I'm ready to ditch my Excel spreadsheet and give PIMS a go. Can anyone give me a referral code please? Thanks!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Referral code sent by PM
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

HelenB wrote:Referral code sent by PM
Pah! you beat me to it, Helen :wink:
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Just a quick thanks for all the recommendations in favour of PIMS. I am now up and running on the 'lite' version, and have transferred all my client data from the HA site I was using as a repository. I am relieved to spare my guests the ordeal of being spammed by HA even though they didn't book through them :roll: I have given my property manager access and await his feedback but I am not expecting him to be anything other than impressed.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Well done Casscat, pleased to hear your first dip of your toe in the PIMS water has been a success. :D
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

digsmelbourne wrote:

I had originally looked into MyVRZone but it looked a bit difficult to set up but I am thinking of switching to either MyVRZone or PIMS. Could anyone please explain the difference between these three channel maangers, pros and cons etc?
2 years ago I gave these reasons why I went with MyVRZone after trying PIMS. My apologies e-richard if some of the differences aren't up to date.

Since my units are in the US, the help with the taxes is a heaven sent and I don't know if you have the same setup in Australia (probably not since your VATs are included in the price).

There is also a new feature that I don't want to mention on the forum, but send me a p.m. and I will tell you.

I did give up on PIMS and went with MyVRZone.

PIMS didn't have some of the features that I wanted (I did the gold plan) and my main reasons were these:

It doesn't update homeaway.com (american) which is my main site. I used to be on co.uk, but with the VAT added it was more expensive than .com

PIMS doesn't help you with your accounting.
I have to pay 2 different taxes each month, and MVRZ can help me keep track of these.

MVRZ has small "cookies" inplanted in the messages, and they inform me if the mail has been read, what links has been clicked etc. Very useful.

Enquiry info goes straight into the templates. I don't have to transfer information.

It's cheaper if you have one or two units. $10/month for platinum and $5/month per extra unit. This was not my deciding factor though.

Having said all this
It is not as cleanly laid out as PIMS and has taken me time and effort to get the hang of.

p.s. I see that digsmelbourne only posted twice and that was a year ago, so I guess this is of no interest to him anymore, but maybe for someone else on the forum?
Pessimists only get positive surprises.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Could someone please send me the code - I would like to try it
Any recommendations re which package 0 I know some are more expensive than others?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I just went with the lite package Rosebud and it does everything I need it to do. Just look at the side by side comparison of features and decide which are essential, desirable or unneeded and that will guide you to your package.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I sent you a pm rosebud but I see you haven't opened it as yet so you may well have had a code from elsewhere by now.
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

I'm another one very late to the PIMS party, but having spent last night and this morning setting up all my email templates, etc I can see it's going to be fantastic. At last I can ditch my agonisingly slow PC, and just fire up my super-quick Chromebook instead.

Thanks eRichard! :D
manesty

Post by manesty »

About to take the plunge and go for PIMS to replace our system that my brother wrote when he left school many many moons ago! I wonder if anyone would be so kind and PM me a referal code? Thx
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I've pmd you :)
manesty

Post by manesty »

Thanks nemo!