new listing site

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
paula

new listing site

Post by paula »

Has anyone received details about a new site coming that you can add as many properties as you like for the same yearly fee?
I own two holiday homes and thought this sounded a good idea.
paula
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

But which site is it Paula? We get lodas of these offers all the time, so I'm not sure if you don't give the name of the site. in the past month i've had offers from villaway, french-bed-and-breakfast, and a couple of others.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paula,

I have the same question as Helen.

I get these offers all the time and I save them in a separate folder in Outlook. So far this year there are 78 of them so which one is it or is it one that hasn't found me yet?

Alan
paula

Post by paula »

Sorry, all i know is its [LMH spammer] beds and homes.
is there any other listing sites where you can add all your propoerties for no extra
paula
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Didn't they give you a website link then?
paula

Post by paula »

I was told about it from a friend who has added her propoerties but she is away at the moment but I will try and find out from her as soon as she is back. She owns 6 propoerites so was ideal for her, which is why she mentioned it.

I am new holiday home owner of 2 properties so was looking around really for the best sites to advertise them on.
paula
F1REFLY999
Location: Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura, Canary Islands, Spain

Post by F1REFLY999 »

the website is bedsandhomes.com

I have just added to their site free of charge
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

It doesn't seem to be free anymore though.
paula

Post by paula »

I have just been in and added my properties. The free ones have gone but I only paid twenty five pounds for the year, which I thought was good for both my properties. :D
paula
paolo

Post by paolo »

If you are recommending a listing site, please note you need to have your own site in your signature or website field in your profile. This is because too many owners of new sites plug their own sites anonymously here.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

In my experience of advertising sites, you pay peanuts, you get nothing.*
I don't know how much website names have on search engine listings, but I'd be more inclined to search for 'beds and homes' if I were looking for a new house, not a holiday rental.

*Except for ethical sites run by owners, such as YHM :oops:
kevincohr

Post by kevincohr »

Bedsandhomes.com is relatively new ( been online about a year or so) and has a small number of listings ( about 50?).

Based upon it's Alexa ranking, my guess is that visitor traffic is quite low ( it has a current ranking of over 600,000 : by comparison, LMH has a ranking of just under 60,000).

However, would be interested to hear if it generates bookings for anyone here.

Thanks,

Kevin
paolo

Post by paolo »

Bedsandhomes did post here to 'clarify their position', but sorry, the purpose of this forum is not to promote start-up listing sites, and the start of this thread is from a highly dubious source. So I deleted the post.

But I did get their mass email and this paragraph caught my eye:

"You will always find our site up there on Google and yahoo plus all the other major search engines, as well as in publications and will fast become the worlds number one favourite for private rental properties world wide."

So there you have it then.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
villa sibillini

upps

Post by villa sibillini »

Has anyone come across the listing site upps. Don't get caught with their free sign up. In the small print it says you have to tell them that you don't want to continue - so if you miss it you are in for a years' fee - terms and conditions state it and there is no get out.

So if you have already signed up, make sure you cancel if you don't want to continue.
Pam, David & Georgina Bates
Villa Sibillini Country House
www.villasibillini.com
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Hi All,

Beds & Homes spammed me today. Someone called Paula. Surely not the above Paula though, that would not be ethical.

A difficult choice between them & apartmentsdirect.

Still want £35 though :roll: :roll: :roll:

Robert
Last edited by Lesblancs on Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.