new listing site

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Wow, Alan - well that does confirm what I thought - Battley, do pass this on. As for an ad for an unbuilt house, I am sure no listing site would block an owner from advertising as long as there were pictures as you say, of artists' impressions. Some photos of the plot or the views in support of this would help to sell the property meanwhile.

I'd have thought that forum members would know that anyway. Still can't think it was any one of us - we have no personal axe to grind.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

GG,

Oops! I just had the thought that saying "Thank you so much! I’m bursting with pride; I’ve been promoted; I’ve become an “intelligent poster�." might be taken as me being dismissive or aggressive. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Fluffy
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

It seems more likely to me that the owners of MaisonEurope read this forum (as many listing site owners do) and decided to remove you themselves. If someone on the forum decided to do that, they would almost certainly say so. But if they read this thread, then it was in fact you yourself that reported it.
Brooke
Garri

Post by Garri »

I'm not sure the owners of Maison Europe are reading this site because if they were they would've sorted their database security issues out (I revealed earlier in this thread - or was it the parallel thread? - that it can be easily downloaded via your browser. And still can!)

In fact, I myself could've gone into the ME site and removed Battley's listing if I so wished. But I didn't.
battley

Post by battley »

Gary
If that is the case, then I am glad that they have deleted my property
Garri

Post by Garri »

Battley, I tried it this morning before I posted my last message and yep, there it is, still there to be downloaded by all and sundry ;-)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

HI Garri...

Maybe it would be an idea to Make a heading of this ,so other forumers who list on there are aware of the problem[they might not see it here]
Garri

Post by Garri »

Maybe it would be an idea to Make a heading of this ,so other forumers who list on there are aware of the problem
No need Ros. Apparently there will be an official announcement on here tomorrow by one of the co-owners, who happens to also be a rental owner registered on this forum!
battley

Post by battley »

I am not happy about this either, I am concerned that everyone was able to look at my personal details on ME website.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I have recently had my property removed from the site, but I am concerned that my personal info may already have been accessed in the past.
battley

Post by battley »

I have just sent them an email demanding that they remove my details NOW, but I have the same concerns as you. I thank Gary for bringing this to our attention, however it may be too late.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

No need Ros. Apparently there will be an official announcement on here tomorrow by one of the co-owners, who happens to also be a rental owner registered on this forum!
Well I hope it is put under an ME Heading so it can be seen.
by everyone whos advertises with them...Well done Garri...
For pointing this out...... :wink:
Wonder how long it would have gone on for otherwise.....

Susan said
I can't believe anyone from this forum would have gone to the trouble of reporting you Battley, do you think maybe MaisonEurope read this forum and did it themselves?
Spot on Susan!!!!.....This must have been seen by the owner HIMSELF and removed...another mystery solved......[didnt think it would be any of us :roll: not our style :wink: ]

But at least one GOOD thing has come out of this Kerfuffle with
Battley....We probably wouldnt have found this out otherwise :roll:
So alls well that ends well :wink: :lol:
Garri

Post by Garri »

Ros, I've known about this for 2 years as I found it during my research into holiday rental sites. I'd forgotten about it until the name Maison Europe came up in this thread.

Despite showing the co-owner how easy it was to find they still seem to think that I "broke in" to their website, that's the term they used and probably the spin they'll use when they make their announcement here, but just for the record I didn't break in at all.

The database was sitting in the root directory of a public website for chrissakes! My toddler could've found it (at 15 months, he just recently showed me that if you press the space bar it acts as a page scroll shortcut - I never knew that, neat eh?)

It's to my credit that I have not used any of the information contained in the database and neither will I do so. It's not what I'm about.
enid

Post by enid »

Secrecy and lies - can't be doing with it.
Garri

Post by Garri »

Secrecy and lies - can't be doing with it.
And that means?