Anyone renting in Cyprus??

For topics that are specific to a country not covered above, please go here.
blue sky girl

Cyprus 2011

Post by blue sky girl »

Hi to all fellow Cyprus owners,
I just wanted to put our experience of the last few years out there.
I am still very happy with our house, and still love Cyprus. Of course there are problems but not insurmountable.

I have had several good years, I was almost full last year, and again this year. I do work very hard at keeping the house in good order, and add something new every year, outside sofas one year, wifi this year (hopefully.... I have to go out to do it in person!)
I do update the site regularly also keep an eye on prices and keep mine very reasonable.
I am very very lucky to have an extremely able management company. It is a husband and wife team, and they are trustworthy and very fair.
It would help if every year there was not yet another neighbouring Villa owner calling their house Villa Chloe as mine is, but there is nothing I can do about it, so I try not to stress about it.

Of the other Cyprus owners I know, only Angel is on this site, and she works harder and more effectively than anyone else I know. Her Kapparis website is brilliant, but I think her disillusion is based more on the difficulties of being on a complex. I am fortunate that my house is pretty independant of the others on my developement, and I have total control of my pool etc.
All in all, i think I would do it again in hindsight!