Anyone take credit/debit card payment?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Essar

Post by Essar »

pjmatos wrote:I agree with you and don't see any difference between entering the numbers in PayPal or in a card reader.

In fact, I think the cardholder customer can dispute any transaction, right?

Still, where can I do it in PayPal?
I have a merchant account and cannot see how.
The short answer is you can't.

In certain juristictions PP have a system called "PayPal Here" this is a phone based App that can be used with a bluetooth card reader. It also has the capability to enter card details through the App (customer not present) - I have used this with Booking.com previously.

Booking.com will also send you the card details via a secure fax system.

To get guests to enter a payment through PP the simplest way is to send them a PP invoice; this won't work for your BC problem.

Stripe is not yet available in Portugal - this would be a much better alternative to PP. You can set up a customer, enter their card details and take a payment.

Have a look at Wufoo - this is a forms company. They have a PP integration which is very simple to implement and much easier than trying to set up PP on your own website using the PP API's. With Wufoo you set up a payment form that takes you through the payment process on PP allowing you to make a card payment using the BC guests card details.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
pjmatos

Post by pjmatos »

Thanks kev and Essar.

I guees that Wufoo form payments come also with a monthly fee: :(
http://www.wufoo.com/pricing/