heat pump service

For anything to do with the garden and pool
sammyboy

heat pump service

Post by sammyboy »

I've had my heat pump on now for nearly 3 weeks and its still only
at 21.5 c, I know the weather isnt great but i'm sure it should be working better !!
Does anyone know of someone who can service a heat pump and re-gas if necessary .

Thanks
gite-poitou-charentes.co.uk
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

What has the temperature been where you are? My old heat pump only worked when the ambient temperature was over 5°C so if the temperature has been below that where you are that is probably the reason.
I can't help with a recommendation but any frigoriste company in your area should be able to help service and re-gas if necessary. I used a local frigoriste entreprise when my heat pump had a fault last year.
domino

Post by domino »

We had this company out last September. We can recommend them :- Assistance Frigorifique 05 32 80 02 49

Might be worth waiting till next week as it should warm up here, fingers crossed :)
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

Ours has gone from 12°C to 23°C in 9 days its outside with a normal heat cover volume 55-60m3 size 4.1mtrs x 11mtrs.
i hope thats of help as a comparison
sammyboy

Post by sammyboy »

Hi Everyone and Thanks for the replies and advice, the temp here is 9-10c but it is windy so maybe the wind chill is having a bigger affect than I thought, I think I will wait till next week and try again although I am thinking that if the wind is causing a problem I do have a large barn (well vented) that I might try fitting the pump there !!

Thanks again
RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

The wind chill is more likely to have an adverse effect on the pool than the heat pump. The heat pump is already colder than the ambient temperature and needs to be warmed up by the outside air. Greater airflow should help, even if it's only 9-10C. If the ambient air is very humid you may have trouble with the heat pump icing up when it's running 24/7.

You do have a cover on the pool, I assume?
sammyboy

Post by sammyboy »

My pool is indoors and I have put a cover on it ?
The pump was icing up , but then temp was probably 4-5c, so allowing for the wind chill it just might have been to cold for it or could be better located.(I think ?)
domino

Post by domino »

Hi again
A friends pump was 'icing up' and this indicated a problem with the pump itself. You may need the engineer afterall :(
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Thiink we might have the same problem Sammy. :cry: Arrived in Brittany this morning and the pool temp is a measly 14º despite being on 16 hrs a day. Frigoriste here we come.....
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

KathyG wrote:Thiink we might have the same problem Sammy. :cry: Arrived in Brittany this morning and the pool temp is a measly 14º despite being on 16 hrs a day. Frigoriste here we come.....
My pool temp wouldn't be much more if I had my old pump. For the last few weeks the temp has been max 7°C at midday. Even if it was on 24 hours a day it didn't work if the ambient temp wasn't above 5°C.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

Domino wrote
Hi again
A friends pump was 'icing up' and this indicated a problem with the pump itself. You may need the engineer

I dont think its unusual my old pump use to ice up & my new one does, it just defrost & carrys on. The pool is 24°C now weather is still crap but its warmer & the kids are hoping to swim at the weekend. Still a bit cold for me!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

la vache! wrote: My pool temp wouldn't be much more if I had my old pump. For the last few weeks the temp has been max 7°C at midday. Even if it was on 24 hours a day it didn't work if the ambient temp wasn't above 5°C.
This one doesn't work below 5º either, but the temp's been 10º-12º for the last week and we've got 14º-16º forecast for the next week or so, so I'll see what it manages over the next week before calling them in then..... Are you pleased with your new heat pump LV? What temps are you getting now?
Kathy
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

My pool has been 28°C for the last two weeks thanks to the new heater, and is being well used by all the guests (adults as well as kids!).
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

My last lot have sent me photos of them all in the pool - in their wetsuits. :lol: They all had a great time apparently!
Kathy
costablanca blue

Post by costablanca blue »

some heat pumps have auto defrost built in, some don´t.

the temperature of the outside coil is 15 degrees C below the ambient air temperature, so at 14 degrees C they can freeze up if there´s no auto defrost.

just hose the coils down with water and try again when it´s a little warmer.