Holidays Wanted - slightly different approach

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
DivineMrsM

Holidays Wanted - slightly different approach

Post by DivineMrsM »

Has anyone been using www.holidayswanted.com?

I think we've had one, maybe two bookings with a spend of over £100.

I'm a bit more careful about which ads I respond to than I was. It sounds cheap but it doesn't half add up!!!
paolo

Post by paolo »

I had a look at that site - I'm not convinced by it. As a rental-seeker I would want to look at properties and choose from them, rather than put myself out there for people to sell to me.

There is no indication of the number of properties available and in which regions they are, so as a rental owner I can't make an informed decision on the ad spend.

I would also be concerned by the fact that the best properties will get plenty of bookings, whilst the lesser ones will continually lose out and keep paying.

And what is to stop this site from submitting bogus accommodation requests? Every response would net them £1 and there is no accountability - who got the booking is not known.

Or am I misjudging this site?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
sleekitbeastie

Post by sleekitbeastie »

I tried it a couple of years ago. It was not very useful. It is poorly supported - replies to support requests took ages and promised made were not fulfilled. I think there might be a missed opportunity there as the idea migh work - but not in its current form