Threat of bad review

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Naj

Threat of bad review

Post by Naj »

Same thing happened to us as French Lady. A lovely French couple knocked on our door and told us they were attending a wedding locally on that day. They left early next a.m. on checking their room, our lovely king size bed was sodden. We discovered the email address and contact details were false. Out of pocket due to purchase of new bed and not being able to let the room until new bed delivered.
Tis Devon, glorious Devon
pambon

Post by pambon »

Evidently people seem to have a serious bladder problem. I thought that a full bladder wakes you up at night to relieve yourself. Or am I missing something like them being blind drunk and in a coma......
How utterly disgusting. I feel for you folks.
annedab

Post by annedab »

pambon wrote:..... am I missing something like them being blind drunk and in a coma......
Yep, that's the bit 8)
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Jayno

Post by Jayno »

We had some last minute bookers last year, I agreed to be their taxi home form the wedding as there are none reliable in our area. Went to get them at midnight ( English wedding in French chateau) , he was terribly drunk, he sat in the back with his little son in the car seat, wife sat in front with me. She jabbered all the way home and I could see that he wasn't well and sure enough he opened the window,(thank goodness) and vomited, twice. They made it up to their apartment leaving a trail of toys and gear behind them. He made it down to breakfast in the morning and my husband gave him a bucket of hot soapy water and a sponge to clean the car! When they were leaving they made a big deal about wanting to pay for a salad server their young son had broken, I insisted it wasn't a big deal and let it go to later find after they had gone that my good steam iron they had used had been broken beyond repair. I think some guests are destined to be users and breakers. We find the French wedding guests who stay out all night are usually very quiet when they get back, but are usually late for breakfast and automatically expect a later check out time.