Discount Ferry Offers

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
sueb

Discount Ferry Offers

Post by sueb »

Hi all,

I have seen on a number of gite rental websites that some owners are able to offer their guests discount ferry crossings which seems a good draw. Could anybody advise how they are able to offer this option and how to go about it. Is it possibly linked in with the advertising sites that you are lised on if so which ones offer this or is there some kind of yearly payment to another organisation.

Thanking you in advance

Sue
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Sueb
As you say, quite a few of the rental sites have listings for airlines, ferries, rail etc.

If you look at:

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/travel_services.asp

for example, you can see they offer a couple of ferry listings.

If you hover over their links you can see whether these are straight information links or whether they feed something like tradedoubler.com which offers commission to the site owner for clickthroughs.

i.e. Brittany Ferries is a straight link, but P&O is through tradedoubler.com and therefore offers commission of some kind.

With the airlines, most of them don't but KLM does (on this page).

I can't be bothered to do it yet, and not sure I want to, but it's endless - insurance companies do it as well.

In fact, looking at:

http://www.tradedoubler.com/pan/public/ ... te_network

I could get interested - I see they're offering £5 commission for flight bookings and £8 or so for hotel bookings. Problem is I would rather offer the punter the best deal, rather than the deal which offers commission, and doing that they would probably trust you more.

Or not. You really need someone who's into it to explain - I'm just vaguely aware of it.

You've got to be careful - for all you know I work for tradedoubler (I don't)....

Goat
Ju

Post by Ju »

We advertise with Brittany ferries Owners in France. This entitles all our customers (whether they found us though Brittany Ferries or not) a significant discount, often as much as 30%.

Ju
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I presume you are in France? I am a member of a small rental homes consortium in France that offers good deals on nearly all the ferry companies (including BF) - and I think it does help with bookings. If you would like any details, please feel free to PM me - the more properties involved, the better the discounts!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Susan, could you send me the details of this too please?
Loopy Lou

Post by Loopy Lou »

And me, please?
Louise
www.lacharronniere.com delightful gites in the Vienne countryside.
levelsteps

Post by levelsteps »

And me please Susan.
Kenavo.
Allan - Huelgoat (29).
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Another one to try might be:-

http://www.escapeholidays.co.uk/chateauvary.html

Alan
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I think I've PM'd everyone who asked - let me know if you haven't received anything from me. I'd post the details on the forum, but I only have an email address and I don't think I'm allowed to put those on, for spamming reasons.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Me too please Susan!
Ali

Post by Ali »

Me too, please, Suasn.
Ali

Post by Ali »

Sorry, Susan!
dmjarvis

Property Owners Club

Post by dmjarvis »

I offer my guests the opportunity of using the guest travel options on my Brittany Ferries Property Owners club membership. I have been a member for many years, but really thought about it before renewing this year. I mostly take a low cost flight these days, rather than the over-priced ferries, so forking out £55 to renew seemed a bit steep, but it really only takes one crossing to pay this back (as they are so expensive now!). Then of course my guests can get a discount as well. Not much, but worthwhile. I find it really surprising, however, that although I advertise this fact on my website (where almost all of my bookings come from) hardly anyone asks about it when they book.