Kitchen Equipment

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I have a set of mugs, and a set of espresso cups, I think thats adequate.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I agree with Helen. I have a wonderful Limoges coffee set for guests to use with tons of cups, saucers,coffee pots, water pots,jugs etc- I don't think it's ever been out of it's cupboard!! Everyone seems to stick with the mugs, but more importantly the glasses! I provide most shapes and sizes, all matching, and there is plenty of evidence that they are used in abundance!! :lol: Cheers,hic.. :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

We just offer mugs, and lots of 'em - we bought plain white from IKEA at around .60p a throw and they are quite sturdy.

You've forgotten something folks! A potato peeler!! Two types might be even better as I've discovered this is a very personal thing - I prefer the one with a spinning blade, husband likes the non-spinning one ... oh, and skewers for the BBQ, plus an orange/lemon squeezer - handy for small amounts rather than getting out the electric juicer or investing in one if you haven't done so. We haven't, but do include a hand blender/chopper/whisk, which has been mentioned and which mums with small babies particularly welcome.

We also supply an oyster knife; wouldn't regard that as top of the list - but it's another useful tool for getting ivy out of hooves.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Ah, I'd forgotten our oyster knife!!!
enid

Post by enid »

I've done the equipment list - can I post a file here?[/list]
Giddy Goat

kitchen equipment

Post by Giddy Goat »

HelenB wrote:Ah, I'd forgotten our oyster knife!!!
Are you one of us Helen? :D Welcome to the fold!

Enid, yes please! This should be a sticky, ideally. Wonder if Paolo would go for it?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
enid

Post by enid »

I can't see how to post a file - I am being very dense I know[/code]
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I've only had 1 complaint about lack of kitchen equipment. The lady was most aggrieved we didn't have a tea strainer!! We leave a good supply of tea bags so didn't think it was needed but she'd brought her own blend loose tea. We have one now.

As discussed in another recent thread I also supply plastic picnic ware for outside. I find people with small kids like to use this for them inside too, to avoid possible breakages. Oh, have we said nutcracker for xmas guests?

I actually have a sardine server, trouser presser, glass jelly mold, cake icing (frosting) set, meat mincer, cream horn and chocolate eclair molds, butter pats, a 1960's potato chipper and a wonderfully kitch expanding table mat but that's cheating as they are part of my kitchenalia/"museum" collection which seems to go down well with folk!

Martha

Post by Martha »

lovely kitchenalia! :D

I think ours is all covered here except I have added bowls suitable for dips etc. Potato peeler I was missing though, and have bought two today, good suggestion! Oh and I added a spaghetti server to the utensils, and tiles/trivets for the table....
Ju

Post by Ju »

I thought of another - BBQ tools. We realised recently that we had omitted them in one of the properties.
A-two

Post by A-two »

soodyer wrote:As discussed in another recent thread I also supply plastic picnic ware for outside. I find people with small kids like to use this for them inside too, to avoid possible breakages.
I agree with that and only added ours last year, since when glass breakages are well down. I bought a pretty melamine "grown up" design, and it was well used, so I added more this year - serving bowls, also IKEA kids beakers, heavy duty plastic cutlery and bowls in bright colors.
enid

Post by enid »

debk

Post by debk »

I am a total kitchen moron and can't even boil water, so this list is a godsend.

(Now I just need a kitchen-utensil dictionary because I've no idea what many of these items are . . . nor, frankly, why you would need them, especially on vacation! :lol: :lol:)

Thanks again, one and all. Great work.
debk
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I checked the list but couldn't see grater? Hardly likely to ruin anyone's holiday if they don't have it but there's one in my cupboards for grating cheese, carrot whatever people would want to grate!

Although not strictly kitchen stuff (but I do keep them in my kitchen drawer) I have a flashlight in case of power cuts and a lighter/matches for candles. We also have a small back up gas stove. We've been lucky the last couple of years but the power lines are exposed near our place and can be down in bad weather.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

I checked the list but couldn't see grater? Hardly likely to ruin anyone's holiday if they don't have it but there's one in my cupboards for grating cheese, carrot whatever people would want to grate!
Sue..we had a 'famliy from hell' 2 years ago and one of their gripes was that we "didn't have a cheese grater for salads", and they made it sound as though it was an essential kitchen utensil!! Needless to say, took things on board and we bought a cheese grater!