Guest passport info?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
stork

Post by stork »

I have just looked into this, and the SEF FAQ is actually quite clear: It is implementation of Schengen rules (which means the same ought to apply in FI and DK) and in those rules it states that local citizens are exempt.

I think the new thing is that AL is now also included - as we all know, a traditional hideout for terrorists [/sarcasm].

There is no requirement of ID/Passport copies, just the numbers etc.

You have to send them the data latest three (3) working days after arrival and departure - at least that is what my PT Significant Other read in the FAQ.

We are on site and plan to use the online system - driving up to GNR with papers would be a waste.

So, for us a minor PITA but not disastrous.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I had a good chat over lunch with my villa manager on my last visit to PT in October last year.

She updated me on all this added bureaucracy from the Border Control, having been to a local seminar.

So this year we are having to implement it or pay the potential consequences. She will submit all the details online to SEF but I will have to obtain all the info during the booking process. There is no way she can get around to mine and all her other villas guaranteeing the guests will be there or having to make an appointment they remember to stick to, also infringing their holiday time, we also cannot rely on guests to have a form completed and ready or left for collection on her visit

She sent me a the list SEF's requirements:

• Full Name
• Nationality
• Date of Birth
• Place of Birth
• Document Type (passport, ID)
• ID/Passport Number
• Country of Issue
• Country of Residence
• Check in & Check out date - I can add that myself from the booking

I'm now trying to figure out a way to request guests submit this info to me. As a PIMS user I would like to create a new form I can then simply add to an email template, but I don't know if this possible (e-Richard?) (I have started an attempt). I would ideally like a form or attachment guest can complete and return via email to me, easily and not hand written. Any suggestions

:?: [/u]
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Sam V wrote: As a PIMS user I would like to create a new form I can then simply add to an email template, but I don't know if this possible (e-Richard?) (I have started an attempt). I would ideally like a form or attachment guest can complete and return via email to me, easily and not hand written. Any suggestions

:?:
You can do ALL of this in a PIMS booking form.
- guest completes all details and they are saved.

Why create attachments that guests have to
- download,
- print off,
- fill in,
- scan,
- upload
- resend

You can even make all those additional fields mandatory so that guest MUST fill them in.

Speaking for myself, I cannot think of a better way to cut down on the number of bookings. Think of all that leisure time you'll now have - instead of dealing with guests.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Thanks e-RICHARD, I'll continue with my PIMS attempt and try not to disturb your leisure time popping off help emails!

My manager is also concerned that these submissions could potentially be cross referenced with AL submissions or vice versa.

Funny thing is we don't have to register ourselves in our own property (yet)

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Back on this again. Unfortunately it's not been possible to create a format in PIMS and I tried another way using a form creating app. All was going swimmingly until it transpires, once completed, and I had what I thought was a pretty good form, the link to the form I can send to guests will only work if it's opened via a pic or laptop with the form app. So not in any way ideal.

So I'm back to square one. I just want to create a form which is easy to complete and to send via an email to guests to which can be completed in type not hand-written.

Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Sam, is this anything us PIMs users can help with? There has to be a workable solution.