Yet another new law on tourism rentals......

For topics that are specific to Portugal, please go here.
Entirelyidentifiable

Post by Entirelyidentifiable »

I am going to leave the AL sign on the gatepost based on all this and the fact nobody out there has mentioned it. Plus I think it is a security issue as it marks a place out as likely to be a. empty out of season (not that it isn't fairly obvious anyway) and b. when in use possibly people are less likely to have the alarm on.
Codliveroil

The AL sign Farce

Post by Codliveroil »

Just my tuppenceworth about the AL sign.

We applied in 2010 for the AL ready for the 2011 season. We were told we had to have the AL sign and so bought it from the Camara and fixed it to the villa. It looks very smart.

Then about a month later we received a letter from the Camara saying that we were breaking the law by not having an AL sign fixed to the directional sign that we had on a post at the end of our small lane pointing to our villa. So I made my own AL and put it on the directional sign.

A month later another letter saying that my AL sign had to be removed and that I had to install an official one. So I went to the camara to buy one. They don't have these ones. So I had to down load a template and take it to Staples who would make one.

So up it went on its own little plaque on the post just below my directional sign. A week later at about 8.00pm whilst having dinner, there was a knock on the door. A nice German couple who had seen our AL sign wanted to know if we could accommodated them and their dog for the night.

I apologized and said we could not. Realising now that any Tom Dick or Harry could arrive at any obscure time and worse, whilst the villa is let, bothering my guests!

We rent our villa via the internet on a weekly basis, we are not a BnB, a hotel, have receptionists,nor live on site, what is the !@#$%%$$# government thinking of?

So the AL sign, to comply with the law is still on the post, but is twisted around to face into the forest so no-one can see it and so for the last 5 years it has been this way!

Grrrrr
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I've just this morning received a call from Eurofinesco in Guia that they noticed I've not got my ALMnumber on my advertisement (didn't catch which site she was referring to) but that I needed to have it showing on all advertised listings or I could be fined
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Codliveroil

Post by Codliveroil »

Sam V wrote:I've just this morning received a call from Eurofinesco in Guia that they noticed I've not got my ALMnumber on my advertisement (didn't catch which site she was referring to) but that I needed to have it showing on all advertised listings or I could be fined
I guess that this would include having the AL number on all the "links" to my own website, of which I have over 600, this is going to be fun!
I wonder if that would also mean including it on all my correspondence, standard letters, directions, vouchers, villa directory, emails, et al?
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Codliveroil wrote:
Sam V wrote:I've just this morning received a call from Eurofinesco in Guia that they noticed I've not got my ALMnumber on my advertisement (didn't catch which site she was referring to) but that I needed to have it showing on all advertised listings or I could be fined
I guess that this would include having the AL number on all the "links" to my own website, of which I have over 600, this is going to be fun!
I wonder if that would also mean including it on all my correspondence, standard letters, directions, vouchers, villa directory, emails, et al?
A tattoo too maybe?

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

Sam V

Post by Sam V »

RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

Sorry about revisiting this subject...

I assume by now that some of you will have submitted tax returns under the new category B setup and will have received a tax demand.

If so, have any of you, who are not tax resident in Portugal, been taxed at a rate different from the expected 25% of 15% of invoiced turnover (ie 3.75%)?

I am hearing rumours that non-residents are being taxed at 25% of turnover (like it used to be but with no deductions allowed at all).
Kate11

Post by Kate11 »

I sincerely hope not!
RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

It seems that those affected (probably mainly Portuguese emigrants) had failed to complete their tax returns correctly. :D
Kate11

Post by Kate11 »

We've been in touch with our property manager and checked - our bill has just arrived and is very much what we expected. Huge relief!