Oh me oh my what a mess!

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

If you have a gap with about two weeks to go, stick it on eBay - you won't get a lot of money but you'll probably get a customer, who may return and pay full price next year.

John
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Garlic....had a look on your website, but there aren't any photos of the rooms you describe in the link 'Our Gite' or a photo of the gite on your homepage. This is a main selling point if you want to advertise 'last minute' deals.
garlic

Post by garlic »

Oh Crystal...this is part of the problem...we don't have photos because we'd decided to go down the long let route for now and we knew the place needed a repaint before we took any...we can't get photos because the house is full of tenants and all their gubbins...and it still needs a repaint which we can't do till they're out...although part of their peanuts rent deal was that they'd repaint with the paint we provided...but they haven't...can't even get anything like attractive shots of the out side because all their junk is there and Mrs Tenant sits outside all day smoking her fags (and I don't have a downer on smokers because I do myself but normally I go and do something more interesting between each fag)...that and their junk all over the place. Can you see the pics? Mrs Tenant and dog shit in front or our slightly shabby gite...come holiday here...Bedroom with Mr Tenants rather large underpants spread over bed...Kids room complete with chewing gum mobile hanging from ceiling...Three cats pooing on dinner table...it goes on and it's probably not that bad but it sure feels like it...

Oh and I realise that it's now tomorrow and have they been down with their date or our rent...funnily enough they are conspicuous by thier abscence...Reckon the bloke needs his hard hat polished for the morning...oh poo :(
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

When does a holiday let becom a long term one?
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

HelenB wrote:When does a holiday let becom a long term one?
I am not sure where i read it but 28 days seem to ring a bell, but could be wrong
Nessie
garlic

Post by garlic »

Oh don't give me any more to worry about :( ..........Today still trying to track down our man for a definite date and deciding that we would change our approach and give him a date we were advertising the property as vacant from...It seems that the local factory where he has set up a mechanics workshop was robbed last night...the owner has no insurance and neither does Mr Tenant. Mr Tenant has lost all his tools so has yet another financial worry to deal with. I truely feel sorry for his situation, but he's prepared to leave me in the lurch and we are so broke right now that I have to put our needs before his. So we're planning on having him out the week after next regardless...as someone said one weeks rent from a holiday let would be far more than his months peanuts.

So on a positive note today I managed to find two lovely old single beds that with a bit of elbow grease will be perfect in the twin room....Including buying new bolts for them they have cost me 40e for the pair :D I've put a pic of the kitchen on my website, it's the only pic I have of the interior and it was taken sort of as a trial run at having a go at taking photos just before the tenants moved in.......I'd love your opinions...is it so bad that I'm better not to use it at all...or do you all think It's better to have it even though the room doesn't look good and the pic isn't good either?
Thanks in advance :)
enid

Post by enid »

I think the picture is fine for now - take out the text that points out it was before your renovation and put in something about retaining the original charm!!
garlic

Post by garlic »

Thanks Enid...I suppose I just don't want anyone to think it it will look like that... the paintwork is so tatty :oops:
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

It might be a bit tatty, but that can be factored into the price. As long as it is clean by the time you get to renting it, you will be fine. Not everybody wants luxury accomodation - in fact if you've got a couple of active kids, a gite which isn't too spectacular could be a positive advantage.

John
garlic

Post by garlic »

Gosh I've been busy this afternoon:

I've put us on perfect places under their 3month trial...but I don't know if our accomodation appeals there
I've put us on slowtravel...... I think they maybe good for us...life here is pretty slow (in the nicest possible sense)...35dollars for 6months seemed like a good deal
I've looked at ebay but all the properties in France there are without bids...so is it even worth the listing charge...We listed a llama walk there recently and although we got views and and views to our website we didn't even get a query...so I'm not sure
I've emailed holidaylettings and asked if they'll give me a free trial...they have so many properties I'm worried my little house will just get overlooked...
gh

Post by gh »

Yes you have been busy Garlic, as John says, and last minute could mean they have waited to see how much they have scraped together to take the kids away and have a budget set.

Good luck, let us know how you get on please.
enid

Post by enid »

I can't see the tatty paintwork in your picture - I like the new text - just one typo
The dining area seats four comfortably and it's not to far to hit the comfy chairs after you have eaten.
it should be 'too far'

Courage
garlic

Post by garlic »

arrgh never could spell! consider it changed and thank you :)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Try the Homelidays one-month trial too, it gets translated into lots of other languages too. I have had enquiries from France, Italy, Germany and Holland.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

How about putting a more positive slant on your shower room ? Maybe from :

There is a shower room which is best described as small and functional containing shower, sink and toilet. It does the job and there is plenty of hot water!

..... to something like " there is always plenty of hot water for a shower " if there is ? :roll: