Wardrobe dilemma

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Foxandsot

Wardrobe dilemma

Post by Foxandsot »

Hello

In our house we have 3 bedrooms all with built in wardrobes. Our dilemma is that the 3rd bedroom is tiny but we need to fit a double bed in it. The space that we have for it will be cramped, only about 40cms between the foot of the bed and the wall, and 35cm between the side of the bed and the balcony doors. I thought that if we got the developer to not put the wardrobes in, we could put the bed in that alcove and then just have a chest of drawers for clothes storage. In your opinions is a wardrobe a necessity? I don't know what to do for the best :?
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Sorry, but I think that yes a wardrobe, or at least some form of hanging space, is essential, unless that room is ALWAYS going to be used by small children (and even then it would be annoying if there was no wardrobe).

However, having a double bed in such a tiny room would be equally as annoying. :(

Why is it essential to put in a double bed? Could you not make that room a single, or bunk beds?
gh

Post by gh »

One place we rented had a wardrope in the hall nr the bedroom without as the slope of the roof near the walls wouldn't allow one. Idea maybe.
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

If you've got space for a chest of drawers, could you fit a combination wardrobe in instead?

I've got one in my smallest room and it has a hanging rail in one side and shelves with drawers underneath on the other, giving plenty of staorage space.
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

Funny you should mention combination wardrobes LaLuz, I've just been on ebay looking at them. They may just solve our problem!