Best when broke for last minute !

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
garlic

Best when broke for last minute !

Post by garlic »

I'm trying to spin out my budget here and am a bit confused...
If I'm going to spend my dosh on advertising to get bookings now for this summer...Should I be focusing on sites with loads of properties in my area ie some such like perfectplaces or should I focus on sited with few properties in my area ie slowtravel..........really confused...if a site has loads of properties then mine will be more difficult to find, however if a site doesn't have loads of properties although mine would be easy to find on the site does it mean not many people look at it :?
Ideas please :)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Confusing, isn't it. I've had the same dilemma over the last year. I put it on lots of free sites and had no response. Perfect places keep renewing my listing, so just ognore the email you will get when they ask you to renew. Homelidays were very successful initially, although I have given it a 2 monthbreak, while I tried Holiday lettings. The good thing about Homelidays is you can update daily, and push your property back to the top again. I've PM'd you some links to some free trials.
Marion

Post by Marion »

It's always difficult to decide isn't it. I would tend to go with somewhere that has several ads in your area. I think this gives your own ad more credibility and allows people to compare and make an informed choice.

I have always had consistent results from holidayrentals. A bit more expensive but they work for me. Homelidays does not seem to deliver anything for me, but then I am renting out apartments not villas so maybe that is why.
No need to go far to shop 'til you drop - just go next door to Chanel. http://rueparadis.monsite.wanadoo.fr/
kevincohr

Post by kevincohr »

If you are looking for immediate results without a lot of cost, I would focus on established sites that offer free trials ( e.g. Homelidays, Holidayhavens ), plus VacationRentals411 has a good free basic listing : depending on your location, this can bring results.

Many free sites are looking to build up their listings base : they may bring results in the medium term, but are less likely to bring immediate results.

Also, if you are on a site with lots of similar properties, try to understand how you can get to the top of the search listings on that site. ( E.g. if you update your listing, this automatically puts you to the top of the listings on Homelidays).

Also, price is very important .... lower your prices and you will get more enquiries (although renters who are overly price conscious can be "higher manintenance".).

Best wishes,

Kevin
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Also keep in mind that the busy booking season usually starts just after the winter holidays, so try to time any free trials (e.g. Holiday Lets) so that they begin then!
Brooke
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

The difficulty being that she needs the bookings now I think.
garlic

Post by garlic »

Thanks Helen...Yes it's right now I need bookings....well I've got two weeks to do a repaint so nearly now :)
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Ah!

:oops:

Sorry, I was clearly reading too fast.

Well, for what it's worth, I'm still getting inquiries from French Connections for August, even though I'm completely full until November.
Brooke