Has feedback settled down? What's the impact on Bookings?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
redcoalcarpet

Post by redcoalcarpet »

Mouse: "I have seen products marked down due the stupidity of the customer not knowing how to use it, and, my favourite, for things that are outside the control of the service giver."

Yes! I can identify with that one. We have a 4km unmade road on final approach to our place in Sardinia...a dirt road...and we clearly say so but every year someone has a moan about the 4km unmade road.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I have 2.5km of track leading to my place, although fortunately so far no complaints (apart from me when I was fined €200 for grazing the underside of my hire car on a steep descent :P) For those who ask about access I send a photo of the track plus for those really interested in the access and location a friend of mine took a great video on his quad bike of the journey from the main tarmacked road to my front door which I share when appropriate.
gozokerry

Post by gozokerry »

I'm.. baaack...

Thought of checking in and asking if anyone had changed their mind about (TA) reviews, it seems like some of you definitely have not. Neither have I :D

Is the review system flawed - Yes
Is the reviewing process overused - Yes
Do I like being asked to write a review- depends on how the question is asked and the experience I've had.

Do I look at reviews when searching for a place to stay, and are they of use- definitely!
Does the review system make us better hosts- definitely!
Kerry

As Hamlet said ;-"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"