Do you allow cheques?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.

Do you accept cheques?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 65

stork

Post by stork »

No, to me it is a relic from another century.

I got my first chequebook when I moved to England in 1992, aged 25. Until then I had only used debit card.

Here in Portugal I try to avoid having them, they are quite pricey to order and expire after some months.
Peggymac

Post by Peggymac »

We happily take cheques. French cheques for deposits are posted to us here in France. English cheques are posted to my mum-in-law in UK. We are always happy to receive french cheques on arrival , and we ask British clients for payment 4 weeks before arrival, to give them time to clear. Most Brits and increasing numbers of French are paying by bank transfer. I collect the cheques and post them. Our bank is Credit Agricole Normandy (Britline). We also take Cheques Vacances, and can accept credit cards via PayPal. This seems to work better for our clients from overseas.
Peggy and Lionel

Always do Cooking, Bed Making and Website design with Love and the rest will follow.
www.casteldecantobre.co.uk
www.casteldecantobre.fr
www.facebook.com/CastelDeCantobre
Essar

Post by Essar »

HelenB wrote:The only person I pay by cheque is my window cleaner and then only if I have no cash on me and he's not managed to collect the charge for a few times in a row.
I do hope you make sure you get a recepit froom him - ala ed balls!
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"