I'm testing a Facebook boost for €10

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
tavi

Post by tavi »

yup Rosebud the reach is the number of people.

I think a sponsored post means it appears in their newsfeed...whereas an advertisement appears down the side-panels (?).
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

tavi wrote:I think a sponsored post means it appears in their newsfeed...whereas an advertisement appears down the side-panels (?).
Yes Tavi, the ad that I paid for appeared down the side panels and reached about the same amount of people. Apparently some people turn off those ads so I'm not sure whether those people would have been included in the reach figures. :?
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

Silly question though, does it boost bookings, as that would be my primary aim if it comes down to Pounds shillings and Pence.

thanks.

Kevin
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.
tavi

Post by tavi »

964kevin wrote:Silly question though, does it boost bookings, as that would be my primary aim if it comes down to Pounds shillings and Pence.

thanks.

Kevin
No direct bookings from my FB page Kevin - although Barbersdrove upthread reckoned it was successful. But s/he, as you can see, did it properly and focussed on the USP...I haven't got around to another experiment yet.
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

just to add to the above, more and more of the people who have booked via fb have gone on to interact with me on my general facebook posts and have made repeat bookings. 3 of my bookings for the next few months are these type.

Also, 2 of them have asked to friend me on my own fb page and as I interact with them on my fen-acre page so often it does feel like they are now friends so I have agreed to their friend requests. This feels natural, after all i know them just as well as I know some of the other friends I've made via facebook.

I know this is not everyone's cup of tea but I am VERY Very active on fb. I am the creator and admin for a group for local residents that is very very active and has 1300 members all who live in this small town. It's led to all kinds of outcomes I would never have dreamed of at the beginning. It's been hard work as it is very closely monitored to ensure it doesn't become a monster but I now have 3 moderators in place so the load is a lot less.

At the same time I started another group for local businesses to advertise and interact with the local community without the above one being flooded with adverts. Again, a huge success, all the businesses report increases in their customer base. Some are recommended so many times they are too busy for new work without taking on new staff!

I sell my hand painted glass on another page and this is also very successful.

I sell things on our local selling pages......goodbye ebay with all your postal / delivery problems, hello local people picking up and new friendships.

On top of this I have my own page where I interact with my own friends and family. That one is a delight.

I am a member of a group who support each other through cancer treatment in particulalry the chemo as we started chemo at the same time. They are from all over the country and we've all come through with varying degrees of outcomes and are meeting up in London in May

So, as you can tell, I am a true convert and could probably now do training in it although there are elements I am still to explore.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
tavi

Post by tavi »

interesting stuff BD,

Great you've had such success with it both professionally and personally. I'm SURE there's more potential for me to market through FB, I just need to spend more time on it...there's always something else to do

:)