Who have I missed?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
garlic

Who have I missed?

Post by garlic »

In my desperate search for a booking and with my minimal budget I have put myself on the following mostly free/free trial sites over the last couple of days.........

Perfect Places
Euroholidaylets.com
Slow travel (paid but not much)
Total France
Maisoneurope.com
Ourgites
Travel library
Walking world (Paid but not much)
france-gites.com
mylinea.com/gites
hrfrance.com
forfrance.co.uk
villas-france.co.uk/advertise.asp
self-catering-breaks.com
Holiday havens
homelidays
So have I missed any big ones? I have searched through the archives here already but you never know.

I'm thinking of splashing some cash on a 'proper' paid ad somewhere but I'm so torn because if I do then I really need to get a booking from it. :)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Garlic , you look like you've got it pretty much covered. As for paid sites, Holidaylettings do three months for £25 I think you have to set up a regular quarterly payment, but you can cancel after the first three months if it doesn't work out. You can add a late deal for another £10. Good Luck, and don;t forget to update Homelidays every day (I think you can do it every 12 hours).
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Hi,

I only started renting out this year and I have city centre apartment (Paris) so the rules are probably different.
But - I haven't received a single booking from any of the sites that offered me a free trial.

They were useful in the beginning so that I had a site to recommend to people to view the place (still working on my own website...).

among the paid sites, I recommend holiday-rentals.co.uk
It's been great for me and links to a couple of more international sites.

Hope that helps!
Elaine
Lounging on the lily pad...
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Lainey, what's your H-R property number? Does it show up to date availability? I am thinking of coming to Paris for a couple of nights (midweek) with a friend of mine. We are planning to dump the children on our husbands and take off on the Eurostar - my friend has never been to Paris!!! What better place to start than in Montmartre?

PS - On your VRBO ad you mention a number of local painters, but don't forget Modigliani who currently has a major exhibition in London and who lived (and died!) in Montmartre. (His girlfriend, 9 months pregnant, threw herself out of a 5th floor window the next day, but that's another story). But anyway, I think you should mention him as he is obviously topical at the moment.
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Hi Catherine,

My HR number is 62486. It does show up to date availability. I also have a rentors.org calendar: http://www.rentors.org/calendar.aspx?propertyid=101712

I'd be delighted to welcome you to Paris! And thanks for the tip re Modigliani. I find there are so many artists who lived in Montmartre that I had to limit the list. But linking it to current exhibitions is an excellent idea and I must keep an eye on that in the future! Thanks!

Elaine
Lounging on the lily pad...
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

H-R is too pricy, there is not enough accommodation in my area for it to show up ina search, and then they charge me extra just because it's a ski property. No thanks!!!