Watching UK TV abroad

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

la vache! wrote:... the HD channels don't work for me ...
Is the TV connected to the box with an HDMI cable (not SCART)?

Assuming the box isn't faulty it seems unlikely to me that dish misalignment would prevent reception of every* HD channel, if every* SD channel that should be available is available.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi Richard,
Yes, HDMI not scart is the connection being used. No problem with reception of SD, but the HD is just a mess. The signal strength is showing as strong but the quality low. I was wondering if the fact I only have a small dish is the reason for not being able to receive HD.
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

la vache! wrote:Hi Richard,
Yes, HDMI not scart is the connection being used. No problem with reception of SD, but the HD is just a mess. The signal strength is showing as strong but the quality low. I was wondering if the fact I only have a small dish is the reason for not being able to receive HD.
I have fairly small dishes, but receive HD with no problem. (sorry that's not much help, is it? :roll: )
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

CarolineH wrote: I have fairly small dishes, but receive HD with no problem. (sorry that's not much help, is it? :roll: )
On the contrary Caroline, it means that the dish probably needs readjusting slightly. If a small dish works for you then it should work for me as you aren't that much closer to the UK than I am! With Sky there were some channels that didn't receive correctly either. I'll get a man with a meter around to check the alignment.