EEk ?? ;-)

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Big Sis..

EEk ?? ;-)

Post by Big Sis.. »

Received this today

"hi we are a group of tea total adults looking for a nice villa to stay in, around these dates , are ages are from 35 plus up to 67 most of us do alot of charity work and try to get to gether once a year. can you give me details on the dates please.
many thanks.."

:shock: :lol:
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Hi Big Sis, If I had to place a bet on this one I'd go with scam. It's not unusual for me to get enquirers telling me they are teetotal (or maybe they genuinely don't like tea :lol: ) and their ages, in order to allay any fears that they could be planning a stag party etc. However, when people tell me totally irrelevant facts about themselves i.e. they do charity work, then my scamometer starts twitching. Also they are looking for a 'nice' villa. Again complimentary language to suck you in.

Could be genuine so I'd tentatively reply with availability but IMO don't be surprised.....
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

But they do charity work - surely they wouldn't be dishonest?

I'd be offering them the use of my property for free - which would rather bugger up any intended overpayment scam. :twisted:
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

:lol: Why not email them back and say you're very sorry, but you only rent out your property, 'Oliver Reed House', to heavy drinkers.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Of all the coincidences, I've just had an enquiry telling me that they do not drink. All sounded a perfectly genuine enquiry, however, they are planning a family gathering for 20 in my sleeps 8 cottage! :o Phew I'm already booked for that period.
Essar

Post by Essar »

Casscat wrote::lol: Why not email them back and say you're very sorry, but you only rent out your property, 'Oliver Reed House', to heavy drinkers.

Nice one :lol:
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
kg1

Post by kg1 »

I am always suspicious of unnecessary information, supposedly to make me feel kindly towards them. I always assume the opposite is more likely to be the case!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks All :D

Id already decided to say no........
to quote someone or other[probably other] :wink:
"never trust a man who doesnt drink" well to trust 12 men who dont drink that really would be pushing it, and dont even get me on the charity works........I reckon the ones who do it ,are the ones who dont mention it, so thats a no on both points :D
anyway if it was twue ,theyd probably be boring old farts which would be another no .:)

Take Care Ros xx
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Big Sis.. wrote:Thanks All :D

"never trust a man who doesnt drink" well to trust 12 men who dont drink that really would be pushing it, and dont even get me on the charity works........I reckon the ones who do it ,are the ones who dont mention it, so thats a no on both points :D
anyway if it was twue ,theyd probably be boring old farts which would be another no .:)

Take Care Ros xx
Praise be that we're still allowed to discriminate against boring old farts! (It's not a religion, is it? :? )
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

Praise be that we're still allowed to discriminate against boring old farts! (It's not a religion, is it? Confused )

:D :D :D :D

I'm Tea Total and I do Charity work, just getting my case packed to join in. :D Oh, and I'm a boring old fart............it must be me :D
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

TBH I'm a Boring Old Fart as well, and I certainly wouldn't want to spend time with another 11 of me. They'd probably expect me to provide all the humbugs rather than make the effort to go into a sweetshop and spend their own money, and as for the remaining 7 pages of this post have been deleted
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Susie Jane wrote:
Also they are looking for a 'nice' villa.
Ah well, thats not me either, so thats no, no, and NO :D :lol:
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

greenbarn wrote:
Big Sis.. wrote:Thanks All :D

Take Care Ros xx
Praise be that we're still allowed to discriminate against boring old farts! (It's not a religion, is it? :? )
No sorry, foiled again - isn't that ageism? :lol:
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Susie Jane wrote:
greenbarn wrote:
No sorry, foiled again - isn't that ageism? :lol:
Oh spit.......
No, wait - I'll ban Boring Farts of all ages; the "Old" bit isn't the problem...... :wink: