guests left this morning, sick in bedroom! hints and tips

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
CrabtreeBarnYorks

guests left this morning, sick in bedroom! hints and tips

Post by CrabtreeBarnYorks »

Most positive I can write about the guests who have been in over xmas is that it is a learning experience for us. Late 20s, booking of 2 guests in a max 4 occupancy barn. We live next door.

They have had parties and loads of people visiting all 3 days, they have had other people stopping over on 24th and 25th and someone has been sick all over the 2nd bedroom carpet and an upholstered chair. It's a HL booking, we have £200 deposit which HL hold, we will need at least that much to replace the chair and get the carpet cleaned plus the place took a lot longer today to clean than normal.

Issue - new guests tomorrow - bedroom smells of sick! All sick is cleaned up and I have sprinkled and rubbed in bicarb of soda on carpet, any other quick tips to get rid of smell by tomorrow plesse (not time for a professional carpet cleaner before then).
ever hopeful!
www.crabtreebarn.com
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Horrible! It might be just as easy to hire a carpet cleaner for a couple of hours and do the job yourself, we have one at home and it's very useful for the odd accident (usually dog-related) and the carpet dries quickly but it would still be worth warning guests that it might be a little damp for the rest of the day. Tool hire companies or some dry cleaners often have them.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Orsonthecat

Post by Orsonthecat »

Sorry no tips other than obvious open windows, light scented candles for as long as possible before next guests arrive.
I do feel for you, it must have been pretty stressful knowing they were having people round all the time...
Our Xmas guests left yesterday and tho only 4 of them stayed, the place took me 5 hours to clean (usually takes 3) - it was grim- and of course the next guests arriving same day then arrived early...!
So much to learn....so little time!
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Ooh, yuk! Windows open etc. as suggested and I find Febreze air freshener works quite well (dog pooey smell when we had our old labrador, poor girl couldn't help it!) at covering up without having an obvious air freshener "what are you covering up" smell about it!

Good luck.